Monday 10 September 2018

Logic and Imagination


An experiment journal spread for the theme I am hosting this month at

'A world of Fantasy'.


The photo on the left was the starting point. For a while I have wanted to try a technique/experiment  I had seen out there in blogland.
  Ink a piece of string, place it on  to one side of a folded piece of paper
 [ I did this directly into my journal].
Close the paper, remember to leave a little string dangling.
Press down firmly, I remembered my wrist and used a heavy book on top of the journal.
Then pull out the string.
Let your imagination go wild.... what can you see.
I saw two people talking to each other and added the faces in the digital program I use.
I was tempted to try drawing the faces myself, but took the easy option.
I added a stamped quote and some random stamping   in the white spaces.
The more I look at the pages, I now see  the two women wearing witches hats.
I hope you may try this way of making art, it really is good fun.

Thank you for calling in, I hope you have a great day.

  

12 comments:

  1. This is super cool piece Yvonne. It's a perfect fantasy journal spread. I love the technique and I saw lots of things when I looked-but 2 ladies jumped out at me too. I am having fun being able to let go and create some things out of the usual. And referring to your comment on my page you said you would love to visit New York. Isn't it funny how we want to visit places not near us? Have a great new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun. We used to do this with the kids at school. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful page - your string experiment turned out fantastic! I love how you used the heads and the quote fits perfectly!
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY ♥♥♥
      Wishing you a day that is as special in every way as you are!
      Hugs, Susi

      Delete
  4. What a great technique! I first saw an x-ray! Lol! I love your page Yvonne!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been getting up the nerve to try this technique ever since I saw it on another blogger's site about a month ago. Since I had no instructions, I considered playing around with it for Second Thursday Tutorial. Seems I won't be doing that now (grin). I'm glad you suggested setting a book on top, because I have limited strength in my wrists.

    I love how you allowed your imagination to take over and found the perfect fantasy to share with us today. Thanks for being such a great artist and an amazing host at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep meaning to try this myself so thanks for the reminder. Your results are great! Happy birthday....

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I remember doing this when I was a kid, - it's great fun and yours turned out beautifully and I like the way you enhanced it in your digi program!

    Happy birthday, hope you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow,this pages is so beautiful,remind me of flowers with faces,absolutly stunning,dear yvonne.
    happy day.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. That inking string technique always gives great art marks Yvonne, I used to do this with preschool children and they loved it and always produced much better results than me hee hee!! Great words along side the beauty of the woman, she has the perfect profile.
    Creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous page and I'm so please the experiment worked. Love the added faces and yes, I agree they could be wearing witches hats.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love how you have done this!Chrisx

    ReplyDelete