Saturday 30 September 2017

Colour me Happy for AJJ


My last page for September at
Art Journal Journey

where I have been hosting this months theme of.....Colour in my World.

First of all  I want to thank everyone for their support this month and for all the Fabulous journal pages I have seen when I called in to your blogs.

I would also  like to say a  thank you to....
 Susi
for asking me to   host  this past month at AJJ
It is one of the friendliest, inspirational  and supportive blogs in Blogland.



So how did this last page begin.....
One of the  material pages in my mixed media journal

I shaded with distress inks then added some raised  stenciled. embossed areas, Don't think I will try this again in this book as the material
 all puckered up. 



A fussy cut out woman from a pre -printed page was the next addition. I changed the word banner she was holding with some added digital images.

 She may have been learning to fly, but I have spent the last month learning that, maybe,  I like  brighter  colours more  than I thought I did at the beginning of the month.

Tomorrow at Art Journal Journey
 the new theme for October will be announced.
So, I  wait in anticipation to read what it will be and call in  to say hello to the new host.


Thank you for calling in to see me  today,
 your comments are always appreciated.

12 comments:

  1. What a glorious way to finish your month as host of AJJ. This is a gorgeous piece, and you are a fabulous host. You not only made fantastic art, you picked a fantastic theme (even though you can't spell color--tee hee). You have certainly done AJJ proud this month, dear Yvonne, and I know Susi is very proud of you and your art, too. You stepping in at the last minute makes this month even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page, glad you had a fun month. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a wonderful, fantastic site and you are a great host! Your art is so fabulous !!!
    Thank you for all the beautiful works!
    Happy Day
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed all your colorful pages this month. They were all so happy and cheerful. Love your last page, and the colorful dress she's wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed every single page of you this month and this last one for your wonderful !Colours In My World" theme is no exception! Beautiful how the girl seems to dance in the wind and looks so happy!
    Thank you dear Yvonne for all your wonderful pages and that you are a member of Art Journal Journey!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful one Yvonne, they have all been very admirable.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are welcome. Thanks for hosting such a great theme. I loved it. Color is the best to play round with. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabulous page, it was a great challenge and I really enjoyed looking at all your beautiful work.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page! I love the colours in your world and have really enjoyed taking part in your challenge this month 😁. You are such a fantastic host, thank you! This month seems to have flown by, wishing you a great Sunday and Happy October! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wonderful Yvonne!
    Today I finally have time to visit you. What beautiful works you made in the meantime, just everything is great.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great colourful page to finish your month with.
    I'm really sorry I was not able to make more for your theme which was right up my street, but we were away for most of the month.
    You're right, AJJ is one of the best (I think the best) of all the challenge blogs.

    ReplyDelete