Sunday 10 September 2017

Purple for AJJ



Purple is the colour in my world today at
Art Journal Journey






I find accidents with brusho's make super base pages for hybrid-digital pages.
Today's page is no different and it may take me a while to get to sort out these blobs of paint, so the base layer remains ...work in progress. After yesterdays over colourful page, it was quite a relief to  be using calmer more reflective shades.

Purple  is also in the first line  of a favourite poem of mine, called....

Warning by Jenny Joseph

it begins with these words
When I am  an old woman  I shall wear purple


So as I turn another year older today, this seemed a good colour to celebrate the day.
I may not get to visit with you today,  I have scheduled this post  and will catch up tomorrow.

Thank you for stopping by,  you are always welcome here.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful journal page, love the poem, too. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty page. Those flowers you added are gorgeous. They kind of reflect what my Sunday was like. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Color purple of the flowers on your side is beautiful with this set!
    Happy week
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those purple flowers and your mop up brusho background. Not to worry about us, dear Yvonne. We'll be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours and Happy Birthday.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Yvonne! I wish you all the best and have fun when wearing purple! LOL!
    Your page is just BEAUTIFUL !
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely use of the purple "blobs". Your birth-day roses look lovely.
    Late Happy Birthday and hope you have a great year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your purple flowers look nice and perfect on the Brusho background. I like it much.
    Happy Birthday and all the best for the new year of life.
    Hugs
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a day behind, but I hope you had a wonderful Birthday!! Gorgeous purple flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - that's an amazing way to take advantage of a Brusho hiccup... your flowers look just fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops - and belated birthday greetings too... sorry to have missed it - I'm behind on pretty much everything at the moment xx

    ReplyDelete