Friday 1 September 2017

Colour in my world ..... for Art Journal Journey


Oops I wonder who stole her colour.
Well,   is was not me ........

Exciting news to share today,
I am thrilled to have been asked by Susi to host September's  theme over at
  Art Journal Journey

The theme I have chosen is.......
Colour in my World.

Colour is all around us,
 we have favourite colours,..........  colours that perhaps change the way we feel,................
 colours we favour using when we create our art. So this month I hope you will enjoy using colour and share it with all the lovely folk  at Art Journal Journey.
. I am looking forward to seeing  the colour in your world this month.




My first page started with the colouring in page
you see on the left

I liked the quote on this page..
"Closed my eyes for a second
and someone stole all my colour."

 The scissors are getting used quite a bit doing the fussy cutting as well. The background is material and I  used a stencil to add a little more background colour.
The words I added were computer generated.






Continuing with my digital
experiments, I decided to change the colours  of the original page . These are for sure brighter colours than I would   usually use. But, for me this month is going to be all about colours.
However, I'm sure many of my favourite shades will still be used.

So, get out your  paint, crayons, pencils, inks,   whatever products, styles  etc  you use,    add   some colour to  your  journal pages and have fun.



Thank you for calling in today.
You are all very welcome here.





16 comments:

  1. Your design is absolutely lovely and I like the digital altered colour examples as well! I am thrilled about the way you made the original page - clever to glue a colouring page or parts of it onto another background - I will try to remember that.
    You make me happy to host this month dear Yvonne!
    Thank you very much for your support!
    I wish you a wonderful weekend!
    Thinking of you and wishing all the best for Ian.
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous love it. I have a card to be published on Sunday which I will add to this challenge.xx
    Have a lovely weekend.♥
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was simply thrilled to see you were the one hosting AJJ this month. I am quite sure I'll be joining you very soon, since this is a subject I can sink my teeth into. I've always said I'm no good with composition, or other design elements, but I have a real sense for color.

    You have started us off in a perfect way, dear. Great choice of subjects and lovely examples, too! I'll probably cutting images more than coloring, but I hope to create a few abstracts, too. Hope you are doing great today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and colourful, Yvonne, and I love the design. I'm looking forward to playing with colour this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous vivid colours and the digi alterations are very "PopArt" - Warhol would be proud!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super great art Yvonne! LOVE what you did digitally with the colors. I've played around with Photo Shop and it is fun and exciting to see what happens when you change the colors. I'm looking forward to do "more" this month with AJJ and I'm really in tune with your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work Yvonne and a great challenge - love the colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colourful design Yvonne, this month theme is fabulous!
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome colors on your page here. Thanks for wonderful theme at AJJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful idea for your page Yvonne and congratulations on hosting the challenge this month

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to see you hosting at AJJ! Love the theme and hope to make few pages in between packing and cleaning this week! I love this page - made me smile too! Hugs,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know they say great minds think a like. I had suggested this topic to Susi and she said it was already taken. Now I know why. Love the page and the topic Yvonne. Color is so much fun! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fantastic theme Yvonne! I love your page too, the image of the little girl and the wording you used is perfect and I hope she finds her colour soon ...lol 😁. Sorry I haven't been around we have family visiting for the week so I haven't found time to blog or visit anyone, it looks like I'm going to have to try and catch up with people before bedtime aslong as I'm not to tired ...lol! Happy September! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful idea for your page Yvonne and congratulations on hosting the challenge this month


    ทางบ้าน

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's an exciting journal page and great that you've given your site new colors. Hugs

    ReplyDelete