Tuesday 26 September 2017

Diary pages and Autumn

Where has September gone this year,
well wherever it went it has been a very colourful month for me
as I have been the guest hostess  at
Art Journal Journey

This is a page to celebrate
 Autumn Colours
I love the shades of dark orange- to deep reds-rusty browns as the trees shed their leaves .
Then the crunch of the drying leaves when you walk over them.




On the left is how the background of the page looks  while the paint is  drying.
Now why fuss about this, but I can tell you that its  taken nearly 2 days to get tacky dry. so I have given up, taken a photo and added some digital additions. At this rate we could be having winter before it gets dry.
 It was  the dregs in a couple of bottles of Pebeo Prisme Fantasy paint, left over from the days when I was on Sheena Douglas's design team.
It is a watercolour wash for the first layer on the page.

One day it will dry and then I will use the page in a proper crafty, hands on manner.





Now,   I am  going off  to join the folk at Bleubeard and Elizabeth  for
T stand for Tuesday

where we are all made welcome with a T related post




I have managed to keep my daily calendar up to date this year and here are  the photos of my July, August and September pages 
   During my T day visits  I saw that a number of the folk kept a daily diary/journal.,  that made me determined to give it a go.
So 9 months nearly over and 3 more months till the end of the year.


,
On to my cuppa for today......tea as usual standing beside my spray box.
I had been spraying a few backgrounds using Brusho powder. I have learn't the hard messy way that Brusho  has a mind of its own and kind of  goes where it chooses. On the plus side, this product dries out quickly, not like the paint on my first page this post.
The  box is well used and over time it has had some amazing colour effects. I have been tempted to use it for another project, but it is so useful, a good size and  I may not be able to replace the box with another that works as well for me.



I hope you all have a Happy Tea day and thank you for calling in to see me today.

15 comments:

  1. Love your work! The Colors are so warm en the composition so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your autumn page. The Mr. Green face is a great addition. I didn't notice it at first and then when I did it was a good surprise. :) And I know, only 3 months left to the year. Your calendar is looking great. I need some time to catch up from last week but its so hot right now I get home from work and I'm exhausted. Hopefully the cooler weather will be back tomorrow as they say. happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh at your background woes. At least you managed to photograph your still wet entry and turn it into a hybrid beauty. I, on the other hand, have no such skills, so I would have to wait till the cows come home for my background to dry! I think this is a fabulous beauty and looks SO autumnal to me. The beautiful bird sitting atop the leaf inspired man was a beautiful addition.

    You put my calendar to shame. I started out making a much more elaborate calendar, then over the past nearly seven years, I've whittled it down to the bare basics. Yours shows what awesome art you have created this first year. I hope you don't end up like me and cut your art down to the bare basics like I unfortunately have. I especially like how you have dedicated one side of the calendar page to decorations and one side to daily memories.

    I've still never seen Brushos, but I'll take your word that they have a mind of their own. I think you must know exactly what you are doing because that spray box looks very well used. It looks so good next to your darling country bunny mug. Thanks for sharing your art and your milk laden tea with us for T this Tuesday. And thanks for being such a great host at AJJ. Your hosting skills are most impressive and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when i read you had a Background that wouldn´t dry, i thought you´d glue a napkin onto it;) but the digital solution was a great choice. and yes, one day it will be dry;)
    happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of Fall, but love your page especially The Green Man. I've tried keeping daily calendar pages and to-dos, but can't keep up. I wouldn't replace the box until I had another similar box. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning, I love your fall pages-I agree september has just flown by here too as still no fall weather here either. I would be quite aggravated if the paint on my art still had not dried wonder why that is. great calender pages too and I love your idea for the spray box-I will remember that Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made the best of the situation one can do! You always amaze me with your ideas! Make a photo of the still wet paint and do a hybrid page! And this page is really BEAUTIFUL Yvonne!
    And wow- I really love your calendar as well... made the decision to start a diary calendar next year as well.. but I don't think I will manage to keep my daily notes up ... I always stop this after a while or just make notes of very special things like birthdays or so. O.k. maybe next year is the year of my major breakthrough in keeping a diary - we will see. This box is very clever and I can imagine that you are tempted to use it for another project. I would look for a follow-up box in my supermarket for sure and use this one ....your little bunny mug is lovely!
    Happy AJJ and happy T-Day dear Yvonne!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your autumn page..perfect color choice. I love the crunching sound of leaves too. Happy t day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love autumn too and your colourful page looks wonderful with those warm colours and I hope those paints dry soon ...lol 😉. Your calender pages are stunning and you always use the most beautiful papers and images - perfect! I loved seeing your spray box and it is such a good tip when using Brushos as they do seem to get everywhere ...lol 😁. It's a work of art in its own right with those amazing textures and colours! Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing the Green Man in your artwork... So frustrating when something won't dry... But you surely turned it around and made a lovely digital piece.. Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW !! What a wonderful riot of autumnal colour, a wonderful page.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your autumn leaf colors and the Green Man is a good touch. The rabbit on your mug looks cute :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your green man autumn page, Yvonne. The fonts you chose and the faded digital stamping are especially nice touches.

    I need to get one of those spray boxes myself! I usually go outside, which isn't alays convenient or possible. Clever girl!

    What a darling cup you chose for T today.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete