Friday 26 October 2018

Witches Brew for.... Diary Day


Oh it is Friday again  and slowly getting closer to Halloween night.

I used gesso and home mixed colours  for the base of the page, added some stencils and some random stamping.  The witch and her cat are   a fantastic die cut  that  Avril  kindly  sent  me.

I will be joining the folk over at 
and Linda's theme of Creature Comforts.
Look under the mushrooms and  you will see a creature lurking there.
and joining in over at.....
Thats Crafty Challenge Blog   for the ' Spookilicious' theme
and
Stamps and Stencils  for their Spooky Fun with an Autumnal Twist

I am also  adding a reminder for the current Try it on Tuesdays 
challenge theme.... Trick or Treat ..... there is still a few more days  for you to join us .
.............................

Now for something really different from me


I have a small Kraft card journal, bought in a well known bargain shop here in the UK.  the page size is  nearly 6 inches square.    After my efforts with the black last week I decided to give it an outing.
I used the gesso as a wash stamped a flower on some teabag paper  added some scrap material and word stamps[ Lynne's Affirmation. Stamps and ALL&Create] . 
  Lynne's blog is inspiring.
 The additional colours were distress oxides.  I think I will be trying
 this kind of page again soon.

Thank you for calling in today, you are always welcome here.


16 comments:

  1. Am I actually catching up? Somehow I doubt it but at least I'm finally early at your blog. Seems like Diary Day was just here, but I know it's only because I was playing catch up. I really LOVE the way you spread your witchy creation over both pages. I love it and it is perfect for Linda's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

    Your kraft book is going to get a lot of use, I bet. That flower is wonderful, and I was so impressed with your stamping on the tea bag. This is a wonderful entry and I think it will make great art for AJJ, too, since it's an acceptable size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful, spooky journal page. Love the die cut Avril sent you. The page in your Kraft book is fantastic, have fun using it. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your witch and her cat! She looks like she is conjuring up a witches brew too which is swirling around the background of your page - amazing 😁. Your flower is beautiful too, it looks so delicate and elegant with the neutrals colour palette and texture you added - stunning! Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your journal spread with that spooky witch and that really spooky cat. I like the mushrooms and the the rest of your additions. It's a great journal page. And your experiment with the kraft page is cool. I like what you did. :) I hope you're having a great day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. i,m loving your witch and the cat! the backruond is super too,love this! and your card is wonderful too.
    happy weekend.


    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. The imagery (yes I spotted that creature hiding:) and dark blues on your Halloween page are marvelous!! Thanks so much for linking to AJJ! And I must say I really love your page on the kraft background- it is so soft and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Yvonne! Your calendar spread is so beautiful - I love the depth so much! They should take your weeks and art you created for the year and make it in a calendar for selling for 2020! Uncredible! And this little journal is super- your first page is totally after my taste with the neutral colours and all the beautiful details!
    I say thank you for joining Art Journal Journey again ♥♥♥ and wish you a happy start of the weekend!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous spooky diary page, love how you've used the witch on that Halloween/spells background. Love the little journal spread, need to catch up on the first page.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love love your spooky diary page too-it is very cool! Love your other page too-Happy Friday Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really a funny picture - the witch with her cat! And you made a perfect textured background for this nice scenery!
    The second page with the flower stamped on the teabag is very interesting, I can understand that you want to try this again, it looks beautiful!
    Happy weekend!
    Rike xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb pages, I love the background for the witch and I love the AALL & Create flower too.
    Thanks for joining in this months challenge at That’s Crafty!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The witch and cat silhouette is fabulous and I love all these blues.
    Yes, something different and gosh, it does look fun to do. I look forward to seeing more if you decide to make more along this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great and I love your flower creation too
    Thanks so much for joining us at That's Crafty!
    Sam :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great fun diary page! Love the blues and all the stamped details. Thank you for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My Yvonne! Your diary pages are fabulous ! I adore this flower page too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great diary page, colours and images beautifully blended with the special Halloween week! Thanks for joining us again at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete