Wednesday 3 October 2018

Autumn Days


My first share today is an Autumn tag for the theme  of Autumn/Halloween over at 
I used oxide inks for the background, then random stamped with a selection of well loved and well used leaf stamps. I stamped and fussy cut a few and also cut out  some computer generated ones.
When my lads were small many , many years ago they loved to play in the leaves in the garden, so I added a TH found relative to the leaf pile.
The trimmings were  to hand and I stamped the words.

.....................
.........................

I have just begun to use this mixed media journal, 
 and for a while I had been wanting to try creating a page in a shorter time.
. Chris if you call in,  I am no good at sticking to 15 minute pages.
Half an hour each page was more like my timing.
 As always my desk had assorted bits and pieces  pushed to one side .
While assembling some Halloween bits and pieces I came across some   Crafty Individuals pictures

So the idea for my spread  began. I  rubbed an old ink pad over the corrugated and hessian material to add a warmer colour. Then added some torn left over papers

I began in the morning and took this photo on the left.
By the afternoon when I went in to take  the finished photo, the light had changed and the photo above was the better one of many  to share. Although the colours in real life are  more like this one on the left.

Linda  is hosting this month and chosen the  theme....
Creature Comforts 
Warm colours were mentioned as being acceptable also something we are comfortable about. I have to admit to struggling a bit with this one.




So my spread is a tribute to autumn, we will miss the flowers,
 the delicate butterflies and  the colours will change . 
Lets be thankful that
  each new day will bring its own joy and comforts.


Thank you for calling in to see me today, your visit is always very much appreciated.

22 comments:

  1. First of all I love this tag! Yes my boys used to love playing in the leaves (and their Mum still does sometimes!!!)
    Your comment about timed pages made me smile! I could never produce anything as lovely as this in 5 or even 15 minutes!
    I love the hessian and the corrugated card and those Crafty Individuals images are perfect! Had mine out yesterday too!!
    I hope to get hubby to take photographs while I make a five minute page some time!
    I'll tell you what I am struggling with - Halloween!!!
    Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tag is gorgeous Yvonne. Playing in the leaves is such a fun thing. And I know I can't do a 15 minute page-it takes me that long just to decide what to do. But I do love your final page. Hope the weeks is going well. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, autumn leaves....Brodie loves leaping into them! I must admit that I have scattering them with my feet when they are all dry & crackle. Those texture pages in the journal look wonderful, might put a texture one together myself for next year.

    Sallyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, Yvonne. I'm with Erika. It takes me longer than 15 minutes to come up with an idea and even longer to find the right elements, since I'm no good with stamping (for the most part) and couldn't "do" digital if my life depended on it. This is an amazing two page spread you tied together beautifully. I simply ADORE it and am delighted you shared it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    LOVED the tag, too. I adore that you used the word "autumn," because I cringe when I see the word "fall" as it relates to a season of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tag and journal page are both wonderful. Love all the leaves, and I always enjoy the kids playing in them. Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday. I prefer to take my time with crafting, and often come back to things and do more after a pause, I don't find quick-quick relaxing. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG..playing in the Autumn leaves is so amazing..you created such a fantastic tag absolutely perfect for the new month with the falling leaves ...love it !! Have a been day.xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful tag and a fabulous journal spread Yvonne.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Autumn art Yvonne! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag Yvonne with fabulous leaves. You reminded me of a game I used to play as a child, catch three leaves falling straight from the tree before they touched the ground and then make a wish. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so gorgeous tag Yvonne !! I really love it, love every detail, leaves are amazing ! Änd your spread page is just wonderful !! These colours are fabulous, and love the fabric and the corrugated paper, so clever ideas !!
    I wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful tag and those pages are utterly beautiful! I am totally in love with them! And wonderful to see them linked to Linda's theme Yvonne! Thank you very much! You never cease to amaze me with your ideas and techniques!
    Big hugs,
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tag and the sweet memories it evokes. And your journal pages- brilliant!!! You have captured the essence of my theme so beautifully with those rich, warm , comforting colors. And I am really loving the textured pages- is this the Dina Wakley journal? Thanks for linking to AJJ- hope to see more:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an Eco mixed media journal Linda and was a Birthday gift. It was made in rural India providing work for women.
      I believe it was purchased from a UK company Indigo Blu.
      Yvonne xx

      Delete
  13. What a fabulous tag and such happy memories 😁. I'm loving the layers and textures of your journal pages too, the warm colours make me think of autumn! Happy Friday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tag and gorgeous colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really a beautiful blog.It is very astonishing and marvelous design.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful tag,love the orange leaves and how the boy is sitting on,and your natural pages its fantastic,a lots of beautiful deatils,love it!
    happy weekend,dear yvonne.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh look - great minds think alike... I've got tumbled leaves at the foot of my tag too! Love the touch of hessian texture and those delicate skeleton leaves stamped in the background - a delicious tag. And the pages are gorgeous too, with those vivid pops of colour against the earthy backgrounds.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Autumn tag and journal page.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous tag and journal page, love all the textures. Thank you for joining us on Tag Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely tag Yvonne, I do love Autumn colours and your little boy looks quite content sitting on his pile of leaves.
    Great journal page, love the textured backgrounds.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous art but I especially love the tag - beautiful.

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete