Friday 19 October 2018

Something wicked for... Diary Day and a bit of a mess.


Its Friday  and Diary day, these weeks seem to be flying by.

I'm in Halloween mode again with these wonderful creatures in bottles [Paper Artsy]
The background is as usual stencils, coloured with oxide inks.
I coloured my creatures with water colours.

I will be sharing this at ...
 and Linda's theme of Creature Comforts.

I have also  managed to have time to  'play'  in my craft room today  using  a journal
 with black pages.
I thought it was a good idea to have  black pages, but soon realised  that for me to use them it would involve a lot of white gesso. I might try stamping with white paint sometime as well.

I didn't want to cover all the page and I still wanted to use stencils and some random stamping.
Oxide inks seemed to work, by this time I was in a happy mess and about to tear out the pages as  I had managed to get a hole in the page on the right, when  I tried to blend some colours with my fingers.


I stamped an image to  cover  it over  using washi tape to keep it in place, 
 even she is not guaranteed to remain  on this page.

This is still very much work in progress, but for now I did have an option
 and that was to go to the computer
and complete a  spread that I am happy with,  in the digital program I use..


Thank you for stopping by, your comments are always appreciated.

17 comments:

  1. Both journal spreads are great. I especially like the first one. A spider tried to walk into my living room yesterday, it must be getting too cold on the balcony! He's back outside now. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your two pages, especially the first one. You seem to have a great collection of creature stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this odd people on the first page ! AMAZING - another hit in jour calender journal and how clever you handle the black page - you can change things digital and that can guide to art at the handmade version! Gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for another fantastic entry to the October AJJ theme dear Yvonne! Wishing you a happy start of the weekend!
    Big hugs
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your calendar spread this week is fantastic. I love those creepy images...playful creepy I should say. That is the perfect spread for this time of year.And the black pages are very pretty. That background is gorgeous. I would have got one too but then I always like to learn to new tricks with new situations/media. I know you will figure it out and have some fabulous art to show us. You did a great job so far with these. Have a great start to your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. waue stunning calendar spread

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these creatures in the bottles Yvonne !! Just amazing ! The colours are wonderful, as wonderful is the lovely background you have created, these black and white are special, then the images are beautiful. Love both pages.
    I wish you a very nice weekend, big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  7. both wonderful pages Yvonne!! I love those creature bottles, and your black and white page is striking and I love that joyous pose of the woman. Thanks for being part of AJJ again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun diary journal pages! I love all your creatures and the neon background colour looks fang-tastic, sorry I just can resist ...lol 😉. Your black and white pages are amazing too, the robin sat on the arrow with the dancer looks stunning! Wishing you a lovely weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some wonderful pages. I really love that Lynne Perrella image that you used and your little creepy creatures are somewhat cute.
    Happy Weekend,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bottle characters look fabulous in your diary and stand out beautifully coloured in those bright tones and the wip pages with the silhouetted dancer is very striking xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful pages,especially love the dark dancer,is so mystic,and i love this.
    happy weekend,dear yvonne.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous and fun post love the pages and your creativity goes far and beyond, love it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am still playing catch up, and as always, LOVE your beautiful and quirky Halloween inspired calendar entry. What a joy. Such a fun entry for Art Journal Journey, too.

    I'm glad you saved the spread you were working on, because you turned the problem into a positive with that beautiful digital entry. This dancer was simply amazing. Thanks for sharing all three of these beauties with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always love your diary pages and this one is just amazing. The pages are terrific and such great way to use black pages. I will dig out my black page journal and have a go.

    Have a great day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great spread with the PA bottled characters! Yes, Colour pages can be a real challenge can't they, I remember getting a blue paged book......it remains largely abandoned!!!

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your diary pages!! Your journal page is wonderful and the digital version adds a whole new drama!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just having a little catch up, love the diary page and those little creatures looks such fun. The black page looks beautiful - both versions, Oxides work so well on black.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete