Sunday 7 October 2018

Orange, white and black


An inky and messy play time that began by thinking about the current 
 challenge theme....Black, white and one colour.

For this journal page [Jane Davenport]  I used the  colour option as my main choice,
white as the base layers and adding touches of black through the stencils
 and on the main focal stamps.
Lots of All&create stamps were used as well as my favourite go to...stencil..
 a variety of orange inks, muslin and torn papers.
I added the stitching in  the digital program I use.
......................................................................................

I will also join the folk at at Art Journal Journey.

where Linda's theme for this month is....... Creature Comforts.
I thought about how I feel when I am in my craft room
 I love colour and inky mess, I am not naturally tidy, I feel comfortable creating  my style of art.
It may not be  what others like...... but .....hey....this is my comfort zone and I'm happy there.

Thank you for calling in to see me today, you are always welcome here
 and I hope you have a good day.

18 comments:

  1. LOVE this, Yvonne - striking contrasts and a beautiful image. That burned orange is a great colour and the spatters are perfect. The torn fabrics add interest, as does the stitching. Great page!

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Yvonne! The colours jump off the page and I love the overall effect of the stamping, stitching and fabric. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these fall colors Yvonne. It makes a great background for your page. I like all the effects you also used-images, stamping, stitching. It came out fantastic.Enjoy what's left to your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and colourful page, love how you added so much interest with fabric and stitching. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOhhh Yvonne !! What a so so Gorgeous Art journal page !! I love absolutely every detail, these stamps are wonderful, love the tissy and flower too, Great ! Thank you very much for joining once more Tiots and me, I´m so glad about.
    I wish you a very nice new weekend, big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic Yvonne!!! And so perfect for both challenges too! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, I'm in AWE of your beautiful layout which doesn't look messy to me at all, but a well thought out journal entry. I really adore the layers you created and how you applied the faux stitching, too. Thanks for sharing this beautiful journal page that fits Linda's theme perfectly at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous layout Yvonne, lovely colours and textures, I love how you add the stitching digitally, looks so convincing

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. May it not be what others like- I love it! Your comfort zone makes your art perfect in my eyes! I love the orange and the layers with the quite amount od shabby touches and your digital stitching is the icing on the cake!
    A fantastic entry for both themes - TioT and AJJ! Thank you for the inspiration and support!
    Happy new week !
    Big hugs,
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Yvonne! I love the warm colours!
    Happy Monday,
    Alison xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this page,, the colours are brilliant, bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely page Yvonne and the burnt orange gives a lovely warmth to it.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what an amazing page! The orange with the black and white looks stunning and gives such a fabulous autumnal feel - I love it 😀. Wishing you a happy and creative week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, your page ist very beautiful. Love the design and colours.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeously art journal page..I love your color combination orange/ black.. And your stitching part looks beautiful too.!! Have a beautiful weekend. Xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what I see here...so I am your new follower.. Xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colours chosen, a nice autumn feel and a "fading" daisy completes this to perfection.

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete