Tuesday 7 January 2020

Make someone smile today at TioT's


A journal page for the first challenge 
 of the year over at  Try it on Tuesdays.
The theme we have chosen is.....
What a cutie or Make someone smile today
I hope you can pop over to see what we have all been making.

The background of this page came about because I don't like wasting inks.  I had used a new stencil on a previous page and there was still lots of colour on the surface. So I spayed it with water and pressed it down on a new page rubbing it over with a piece of kitchen roll.
All the images and words were computer generated,
 [before it declared that it wasn't going to work  and play nice any more] It will be at least 10 days before I get any news on what the repair will entail.
There was a bit of a plus, there was still one month left on its insurance agreement..

Thank you for calling in, I hope you are having a good day today.

I will also link my page to Jo's theme at
Art Journal Journey........ Something New
, the page includes  my new [and favourite ] stencil .



18 comments:

  1. Very clever Yvonne. I like this fun page. It did make me smile this morning. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your inspiration and the fun style is wonderful.
    Have a nice Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me smile today Yvonne! So challenge theme achieved!
    Bad news about the computer but hopefully won't be long before it's sorted! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, Yvonne. Definitely a cutie!
    I'm sorry that you too have computer problems - eek! As I said to Avril, I know I feel as if my arm has been cut off when I don't have one...it's awful how addicted to them we become. Hope it's back soon.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only did this make me smile, the little girl is a real cutie. Simply adorable.

    I wonder if the computer had NOT been under warranty if it would have taken this long to learn more about it. Somehow, when insurance is involved, things can get dicey. I have my fingers crossed this turns out in your favor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page! The mop up background and your digital wizardry looks amazing and the wording with the cute girl made me smile with her fabulous hat and wings 😁. Thanks so much for joining Art Journal Journey! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly made me smile with this page Yvonne! Once again your digital skills have impressed me and I love how this page has a wonderful combination of words and images on your great mop up background! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous page Yvonne, love the images with the quotes you used - definitely put a smile on my face.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. BRIGHT, BEAUTIFUL & BRILLIANT.XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very cute! I love the hat and how all the birds look at this gorgeous girl!
    Great idea with the ink, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly made me smile Yvonne x This is fabulous x I love the wonderful images...a truly superb page xx

    Semding best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun, beautiful and clever 👏
    Have great time ☺

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab page - I wish I could use a computer as good as you do. This is a fun page but it is also beautiful in its colourfulness and content.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant page, Yvonne. Big hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful page Yvonne, it made me smile.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely stencil print to start things off (like you, I always try to make the most of the inky leftovers), and if I saw hitchhikers this fascinating, I might well consider giving them a lift. Fingers crossed your computer can be sorted out without too much trouble.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the stencil print, hopefully the news on your computer is reasonably good....

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete