Sunday 13 January 2019

I'm not Square


I'm not square, I'm just different.



This is how the page began.
A base of torn book papers and washi tape.
Stencils were next and then the stamping [ALL&create and other stamps]  and of course a bit of gesso and extra shades of distress oxide inks.
I got my inspiration for the  figure when I visited  Elizabeths  blog and saw how she was using  geometric shapes. Previously I had just thought about buildings and the tree that  could easily have been a wind turbine as Tracey suggested.

I will be linking to Alison's theme of
Geometric Shapes 

Thank you for stopping by, your visit is always very much appreciated.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful journal page, love your square figure with the fun hat! Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful Page Yvonne and that sweet square person is very clever xx Great background using the AAll&Create stamps xx

    Sending my best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your square person Yvonne! Amazing on this wonderful backgound! Another beautiful entry for Alison's collection at AJJ! Have a great Sunday evening and a happy start into the new week ahead!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES, Yvonne, this is absolutely PERFECT for Alison's theme. I am in total awe, because I never thought of a person, but you are right. It is definitely geometric in shape. I LOVE the beautiful background and the very NOT SQUARE lady with her cute hat. It's awesome and even better that you shared it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant - like the hat too :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Your created a cool page even without the "square" person, but boy that square person works fantastic and looks great. I like the quote to go along with it! Happy new wek. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful page, Yvonne. That background is superb and I love your (not) square man :-)

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just delightful - such uplifting colours and I love your square(ish) man.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous background Yvonne and a great way to add geometric shapes, it’s come together beautifully xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun and fabulous card Yvonne, and adore your geometric shape ideas.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant! I love this page Yvonne!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! That's really a fun page and gave me a big smile. I like the ribbon in her hair too.

    ReplyDelete