Tuesday 1 February 2022

What's your Style?...... at Art Journal Journey.

What's your Style?

Is the theme for February over at Art Journal Journey
Chosen for us by Bleubeard and Elizabeth
Please call over to see how they have introduced the theme to us all 
 and see the inspiration they have shared.

'My Style'......


 

Some of the photos of previous journal pages that I was thinking about when pondering  the subject of this months theme at Art Journal Journey, which I blended together to create the page.
There are pages with stamping, stencils, napkins. cut outs, material etc.



I used this quote  because
it seemed to tell me to be myself
creating this page, 
where I am today  on my 
crafting journey. 
How did my crafting begin........
Stamping came first, with inks, paints etc  and generally allowing myself to get messy, then stencils, even more fun  with sprays and textures.
 I tried die cutting but it wasn't for me although I am now enjoying using pop out die cut images.
Fussy cutting I find difficult with fingers that do not do as they are told.

Many years ago I Started making ATC's  joining an online group and swapping with folk who  I am still in touch with now. I also made cards  as I think most of us do.
Blogland introduced me to journaling and you could say I became hooked on this 
method of creating art.
Currently.....
Digital crafting using my own hands on work as well as computer generated images and programs,
has  allowed me to continue my crafting journey, especially though the difficult and sad  times that have occurred in my family  in the last couple of years.
If I feel like mess, out comes the paint, ink etc.. these days I am more likely to
  turn on the computer. 

We hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey this month and share 
 'Your Style' with us there.


14 comments:

  1. That is certainly your style, Yvonne. I have always been so impressed with your digital art. I was delighted to learn how you started your crafting experience, too. Thanks for this great first entry this month for my theme at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and also Elizabeth had such a super idea of blending pages together. It’s fun to see what you put together. I always think of napkins in your art as well as you wonderful digital designs. It’s going to be fun to see what people create this month. I hope you have a wonderful February Yvonne and I hope all is well. Take care. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a stamper, first and foremost, but how I envy those of you who do digital art. Some of the creations you have done just simply amaze me and I love seeing your work. I think I am too old to try something new so I will have to be content with just looking at your art work.
    I love your first entry for Elizabeth's theme, what a wonderful idea to "stitch" together various pieces you have done in the past. What lovely memories are stored together in that one piece. Thank you Yvonne, for such a lovely journal page today.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page, and the quote is fantastic, so true. Have a great week, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yvonne! I absolutely love your style, which I think is unique and beautiful. I love that you use digital art in your work, too. (I have learned a little about digital, but not enough to incorporate it into my work yet.) This collage of your style is absolutely gorgeous, and I sooooo love your quote, too! Thanks for sharing!! HUGS, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely to see this lovely digital collection of some of your previous pages. Digital has really become your style, especially the hybrid pages. This is my third attempt at commenting, I am using my old tablet at the moment, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved your style Yvonne there's usually an element of nature, flora or fauna stamped or displayed via your fabulous digi images. A wonderful display you have presented us. February Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Beautiful collage page! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your collage at the top of your post is very pretty, and the images combine into a harmonious whole.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wuala Yvonne !! I loooove this wonderful digital page. It´s really Great ! I always love and enjoy your style-sss- always fantastique! Perhaps someday I´d have a look at digital art, let´s see :)
    I wish you a very nice Friday dear friend, stay safe, and big hugss,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always in awe of your work, Yvonne. Your hybrid style and elegance is always lovely and thought provoking. Love this collage page. I am addicted to ATCs now as well as journaling, cards are fun but are starting to be hard for me.... Lovely share and post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful collage of your lovely art Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your art is always well and beautifully made - both hand and hybrid techniques, Yvonne.
    The quote is inspiring.
    Have a creative time and stay well xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely beautiful, Vyonne! I love your style!!! Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete