Tuesday 17 August 2021

Summer Blooms..... at TioT's

 




The    new  theme at Try it on Tuesdays is

Summer Blooms.

We hope you will join us there,

 please pop over to see how the TioT's gang interpreted the theme 

 and to get all the information.

I chose to create a journal page as the title of this new theme had me thinking of childhood,  when  remembered summer days were always warm and sunny. Playing at my  grandparents house  with my cousin and picking flowers   that maybe we shouldn't be doing when there were so many pretty wild flowers just over the fence.  


I used a hands on journal page as my starting point, with texture paste, stencils, die cuts, found relatives [TH] and a piece of a torn napkin. The additional flowers and dogs were added in the computer program I  use. 

[notes in my sidebar]


Thank you for calling in 

you are very welcome here.


14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page Yvonne - many memories of happy summer days as a child. Gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous journal page, love those smiling girls in the beautiful garden you created for them. Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely page, love the garden scene you created for those little girls. Happy memories of summer when the sun always shines. Hugs Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such a beautiful summery page! You created such a happy scene with the stencilled background which looks amazing and all the summer flowers that you added - I love it 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful new week! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsers! Just so pretty! I remember those days too! Fabulous art journal spread!!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous garden scene! You created a beauty Yvonne. And I love how you added those 2 pups in by the girls. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning page Yvonne! Gorgeous flowers and textures, love the cute smiling girls with their dogs!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, and a little bit of irony to me. This is the worst, coldest, greyest summer since I can remember over here. Nice to see your page and dream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really does capture those days Yvonne - I remember them well. Yes, I'm sure I remember the sun shining every day of the School holidays, although I do remember one particular heavy thunderstorm when I was about 11. I love that the girls have their pets with them. I would have loved this garden too - it's a super page with a definite air of that era! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the texture of this lovely page, Yvonne. Those die cuts are perfect and the TH dolls add to the story of your childhood memories. This is a lovely summer blooms entry and beautiful children in the flower garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty and summery and almost looks 3D with the depth of the flowers and fence.
    The children look as if they are good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful summery page Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab page Yvonne, such a summery feel and reminds me of childhood summers too

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful page Yvonne ! so happy with those lovely colours, children, flowers... love every detail.
    I wish you are well, take care dear friend, and I send you big hugs
    Caty

    ReplyDelete