Thursday 30 May 2019

Aurora Borealis


I am just managing to share one last journal spread for this months theme at
and Erika's theme.... In the sky/in the air.
I was inspired by Erika and  Elizabeth to search through some old magazines.
 after seeing their fantastic  pages  of the night sky this month.

I used cut out pictures from  a 'Landscape' magazine that I have been hoarding since  Jan'Feb 2015. . You never know when these old mags will come in useful.

The article was about the Northern Lights, 
 I've seen  programs on TV but  never seen them in real life.
The photos were taken in Scotland, the photographer  named was Jim Henderson.

It was my last pages in this  8 x 8 journal and I even used the inside of the back cover.
The left side page was just water colour washes.
I have added the stitching using my digital programs. In real life it covers the faux stitching I added myself. The white pen ran out of ink and what got to the page disappeared into the paint.


I'm off to do some ironing now,  it takes a while to catch up on the chores after being away.
Thank you for stopping by,
your visits are always very much   appreciated.

17 comments:

  1. A simply beautiful spread ! WOW! Thank you for joining us once again at AJJ dear Yvonne !I would love to flip through this finsishe journal now ! You are such a talented and inspiring artist! Thank you for shairng all this with us! Happy day! Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly awesome pages Yvonne x The skies are stunning and like you I have never seen the AB but hope to some day as its on my list xx

    TFS and hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pages Yvonne, the images and colours are beautiful.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. I love your sky artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous views of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic journal spread, love the colours and images. The sky is always so fascinating. Have a great evening, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, fantastic images

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very dramatic, Yvonne, and a great way to end your journal. The photos look good against the turquoise/blues and the scene on the right is amazing.
    Yes, it does take a while to get back to "normal" after a holiday, have a nice time ironing (if you've not already finished it, if you have then have a nice time anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't get the northern lights here very often, but it must be amazing to be someplace where they are frequent. Your page really catches the beauty and drama of that sky show. Lucky you to save that magazine and have those beautiful photos. And even better what you created using them. Sending huge thanks Yvonne for all your wonderful sky art this month. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pages, Yvonne. I have never seen northern lights in real life, but I am sure it must be a unique experience. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Aurora Borealis spread reminds me of some of the photos I saw in the Cosmos book I got my entries from. Your pages are beautiful and I love the beautiful background and the stitches, which are SO much better than mine. I wonder why (grin)! So sweet of you to mention my art this month, too, dear friend. You picked an amazing entry to share with us using Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Yvonne. I truly love it all, including perfect composition!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your journal spread is gorgeous! I love the vibrant colours and the magazine images of the Aurora Borealis look amazing 😁. Since I started johrnaling I keep old magazine too, you never know when you'll need them ...lol 😉. Wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous pages Yvonne, I would love to see the Northern Lights and the picture you've used look amazing.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh magical! I love that your starlit skies are even spreading on to the back cover of the journal. How satisfying to fully complete a whole bookful of art. I've been playing in multiple journals all this time - different shapes, sizes and page textures - and as a result none of them is even close to being full!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great way to finish your journal - those photos are stunning! I would love to see the Northern Lights! I have a few pages left in my favourite A5 size journal! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. We actually know Jim Henderson! He used to live in Banchory....small world!

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete