Thursday 12 April 2018

Tartan pieces


 A recycle page in my 8 x 8 inch journal.
No inks or stencils on this side of the page, it was pieces  of material from the tartan scraps bag I picked up when we visited a  tartan Manufacturers  in Scotland last week.
The Red Kite was  cut from a magazine,the other few additions I had in a bits bag.

This is how the spread looks  some of the left
 side of the page had been stencilled.
I tore the piece of the poem by Blake
 from the same article about the Red kites in the magazine

The label I made when I got back home and added a little more  colour .
I decided to leave this  as it now stands. 
We did see a few of these birds while we were away and they are so graceful
 as they swoop to catch their prey.
I will add this page over at
 theme of Recycle/collage
 as it is all made from pieces normally thrown away, but to a crafter these sort of items are gold and  always  treasured  to be used at a future date. 
Mind you no one ever told me it might be months or even years before many
 would  be used.
We had had a lovely visit to the Tartan Manufacturers and spent some time in the shop, where  I was allowed to take photos. But as  there were many folk around I can only share a few.



Thank you for calling in to see me today, you are all always welcome here

12 comments:

  1. Your page look great and the factory visit interesting.
    Have a nice evening ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fantastic pages - this spread is just UNIQUE and wow to have all those lovely tartan scraps and the photos of the tartan manufacturers shop are fabulous! I have now the german song "Under The Scotsman's Kilt is nothing" in mind -Unter dem Schottenrock ist gar nichts- 1975..that was and is a Partyhit.
    Thanks for another fabulous entry linked to the AJJ collection dear Yvonne!
    You had a fabulous trip as it seems!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting to visit a tartan manufacturer, that's not something you see everywhere. Great page with the scraps and love the use of Blake's wonderful poem. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that tartan scrap and the red kite Yvonne! Wonderful page!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzer, this is different and love it...very creative you are.xx ๐Ÿ’– [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh. I am in hog heaven. I have always wanted to visit a shop like that with tartan fabric. You got some simply incredible pieces, too. Color me impressed.

    I was also impressed that you used the fabric on your journal page. It's incredibly unique, colorful, and beautiful. I so enjoyed the bird you used and the Blake poem was the perfect addition to the spread. Thank you, too, for sharing it with everyone at Art Journal Journey. This was truly a fascinating post, dear Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red kite.. so majestic, how great he looks upon that Tartan fabric. What a great shop with so many Tartans just looking at it makes me feel warm and cosy. I could not imagine a better poem to complement your page Yvonne. Love it.
    Happy Friday & wishes for a creative weekend. Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love LOVE your pages today Yvonne. Love the colours and textures and beautiful bird and verse and I love how you created the left page and balanced it perfectly with the colour around the title :)
    What a great shop and place to visit.
    Happy Friday and wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those tartans are so cool. Nothing better than a nice plaid. In clothing and in art...your page is cool and I love the background. That bag of scraps was a nice find! I think your visit would be something I would enjoy also. Happy Friday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your tartan pages and discoveries at the manufacturers are wonderful! Your red kite looks so magestic on the tartan background with all those lovely additions you added and I love this William Blake poem. He portrays such a heart-warming story in his words and the last verse that you used is so joyous - perfect ๐Ÿ˜€. The tartan manufacturers looks amazing and I think I would have come away with a bag of those pretty scraps too which are really are like treasure to use, aren't they ...lol ๐Ÿ˜‰. Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J ๐Ÿ˜Š x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic page and what a great way to use the tartan scraps Yvonne.

    Have a great weekend

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! as you may tell I am on a catch up before we go away! I love this clever spread and I am wondering if this was the same place I visited some 30 years ago! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete