Friday 8 April 2016

Childhood Memories


This weeks challenge theme over at June's Dezinaworld is.....
.......Childhood Memories
I'm sure many of us made wishes when we were young, maybe some of them came true.
I have happy memories of my childhood and I hope you do too.
We lived with my grandparents in a large old  house with a garden that went down to the river.




I used a page from  my journal as a base for this digital page
It is  kraft paper and I had used a stencil and texture paste .
I try to take photos [if I remember] of my basic layer, very handy to use  as a base for  the digital pages.
 I altered colours added images,  mainly from Dezinaworld, this little girl looks so sweet, sitting and perhaps day dreaming.
Other sources were Mischief Circus and my own stored ones.



Thank you for calling to see me today, I always appreciate the comments you leave for me


19 comments:

  1. Such a lovely page Yvonne! Love how you turned the background to purple and the added borders. Sounds like you lived in a wonderful place, and lots of great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most beautiful and nostalgic artpiece, Meggymay. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, delicate page. It's so beautifully made.
    Happy weekend ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your art and your childhood memories. I am in awe of how you depicted that period in your life. Sounds like it was a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful journal page and I love the words you put on it. Happy Saturday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you combine techniques, beautiful
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous lassie she is & I hope all her dreams come true!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project Yvonne. Fab layers. It sounds like you grew up in a wonderful place. Remember the time when we wanted to be older!! I suddenly thought of that as soon as I saw your project.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, beautiful Yvonne! At first I didn't even realize this was a digital page! Love the soft purple tones, purple is my new fav! hugs and happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous page Yvonne and so creative, love the added beauties and colours are adorable.xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sweet innocence of this...beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This page is very beautiful Yvonne! The use of purple colours is so lovely, and love the pretty image.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous page and such a good idea to use a journal page for a digi background. That little girl looks so sweet. Your childhood sounds idyllic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a so gorgeous page Yvonne !! I love your background, this texture is fabulous. And this girl is lovely and sweet, the colours are fantastiques... love it !! I wish you a very happy sunday, big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Incredibly beautiful!
    I love that the basic layer is a stencilled design, it is all just so clever with beautiful results.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowwww, so beautiful!!! Great background and texture, super designed.
    Greets Carola

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous work on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the wistful look on her face, and those lovely optimistic words. So pretty with those white flower silhouettes.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete