Sunday 10 April 2016

A bat out of............................ by Meat Loaf


A mixed jumble of styles  for this journal page.
As you can see it was finished  in a digital program, I do enjoy mixing my own pages this way.

My aim was to make another page for
  Art Journal Journey
Linda's theme this month is ... For the record..... Inspired by a song.
It was realy the title of Meat Loaf's song...  'A bat out of Hell'
that got me thinking of what I would add to my page.



I revisited my dark side and used this page, which was a base layer for a Halloween project last year.  here.
The base layer is also one of my older journal pages, with a painted woodland.
Other additions were my own/stored or found items.



Thank you for stopping by to see what I have been making.The comments you leave for me are always appreciated.

17 comments:

  1. Even your dark "sides" can be shown everywhere in the world!
    Herzlich P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely page Yvonne, great idea to revisit your dark side....Bat out of hell is a title I like, too. Thanks for another wonderful entry for Art Journal Journey, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great -- your ideas are just fantastic! I like the song and what you made with it as inspiration is just fabulous!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your page it is brilliant and a good song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this interpretation of this oldie. Beautifully done. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww, your page is great again. Wonderful idea.
    Greets Carola

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your interpretation of this song-brilliant digital art! Thanks for another great addition to AJJ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing your older artwork being reused and revamped.
    This is great, very spooky.
    Just gone over to youtube to watch and listen to the official video of this song - wow - dark side yes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page Yvonne. Love your many layered images,, and the bit of sun shining through at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great page Yvonne, love all the layers and images.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to laugh when I saw the brilliant title....I've often though it would be a good gothic page! I often used to follow song title or quote inspiration for my embroideries so I'm having fun seeing what you girls come up with this month.

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page although I don't like bats it's a good project..xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fun page, that suits that song brilliantly, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I've ever heard that song by Meat Loaf, but I loved the dark side of your art today. It was fun and spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great page Yvonne! I love what you have done with this Halloween base layer... another brilliant idea!
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous grungy piece Yvonne and cool song... love it!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Gothic look to match the lyrics, and I love those bright framing colours.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete