Thursday 13 November 2014

Stencil Mania at ATP Exchange


'Stencil Mania',
 is the new challenge starting today over at the Artists Trading Post Exchange
Please pop over for all the details, there is also a £10 voucher  for the winner of each challenge donated by our sponsor Artist Trading Post.

To begin, this is the first addition of masking to my base,  a home made stencil--the left over outer shape, from cutting out a Tattered Floral die cut flower , using Grunge Paste.  The remains of the paste I spread roughly across two sides using an old knife and a well used old stencil

On the left  it shows the next stencil layers  to my base,  the mask I used here is another  old one which I sprayed over using Pomegranate Seed Dylusions spray ink.
When dry I  lightly rubbed over the pattern area  with Spiced Marigold Distress ink, to fill in any white spaces.
These are the next two layer panels. The top one was  a scrap of dry embossed card sprayed the same colour as the base.
For the next strip, I used a Tim Holtz stencil and some Translucent embossing paste.
When dry I rubbed over the raised area with White Fire Treasure gold.
I also used this around the edges of the other layers. 
The main stamped image is a Dylusions stamp.
The metal flowers --- Prima Marketing
Metal word plate --- Tim Holtz



Many products  I used are  available from Artist Trading, I have added the links.



Thank you for stopping by to take  a look, the comments you leave me are always appreciated.
We do hope you will join us this time at ATP Exchange

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project, love the rich colours. Nice theme, too. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Yvonne, love the warm colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful Yvonne with great use of the stencils. Inspiring ideas-thank you

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb! Love the red colour on this gorgeous artwork! Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layers of red tones and texture created, love the effect created by the dylusions spray. The result looks so rich and luscious! Beautiful Yvonne. Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the depth of colour gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project Yvonne! Love the warm colours and your home made stencil has worked brilliantly! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Yvonne, very lush!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always work those stencils and masks so well!! Very rich piece you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation...love the stencil used and design aNNie xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you show the way you built up the layers Yvonne. Using the die cut scrap is such a creative idea too. Beautiful warm tones with that dash of gold really works for me.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous project Yvonne I love the colours and layers and the figure adds a mysterious quality. Love it
    Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful project, Yvonne! I love the textures and colours. The theme is great.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Yvonne this is absolutely stunning

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeously rich and luxurious. I love the red and gold textures.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what a great card!!! I really love it, it's very artsy, great composition , great colours, love the image and all the details!!!
    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  17. So stunning Yvonne! I love the stencils you used and the colours are so steamy (yes, that's a good thing) lol. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete