Saturday 8 November 2014

Autumn Recycling.


Recycling/Re-purposing  is the new challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Please pop over to get all the details.
This is a theme that I realy enjoy. I always have bits a pieces around my desk to use in this way.
This project is a hanging, laid flat to get a better photo.
The base was a piece of mount board, with some random stamping. There is a little texture added  with Grunge Paste. This was  painted  with  Spectrum Noir Aquatints. Next up was the corrugated card, painted with cream acrylic paint. All other shading was Vintage Photo Distress ink.

On the left is a photo showing  the leaves I used. These were collected on walks and pressed in an old book.  The scraps of materials were left overs from other projects. The flowers were however,  newly out of a packet.

Thank you for stopping by to take a look, I always appreciate the comments you leave.

17 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, as an autumn fan is really speaks to me! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful autumnal artwork! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful autumn project, I love the gorgeous leaves you used and wonderful colours.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your autumn art work, Yvonne. So many wonderful layers and beautiful embellishments.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful recycling Yvonne. Never thought to use mount board for a background-will have to find my pieces that are hidden somewhere in the craftroom

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Autumnal hanging Yvonne, the leaves look fabulous - beautiful colours and textures.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this beautiful autumnal work and I like the fabulous leaves. Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those red leaves, got to love red! It's the ones we seem to get so few of, especially here in deeside surrounded by so many conifers.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Autumn is my favourite season of the year so you can imagine how much I love your wall hanging.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your beautiful hanging Yvonne! What pretty leaves you collected too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Yvonne! Love how you used real leaves for this, they look gorgeous! When I saw it at first site I thought wow, where did she get the die to create those stunning leaves... Well, I supposed they were made by the greatest master of all. Amazing how the colours stayed. Beautiful layering of all the elements too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Autumn card .Beautiful colours.
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card, beautiful image and delightful colours great with the recycling..
    aNNie xx


    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  14. I pressed some leaves Yvonne but they didn't keep their vibrancy like yours. Fabulous creation.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation....I love the lovely warm colors and I love the idea using the leaves this way.....
    Hugs Plony.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so gorgeous Yvonne! I love the use of the real leaves...do you have a way of preserving them so they don't turn brown, because they look so vibrant! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete