Friday 14 November 2014

Journal Pages.

Inspired by the Masters is this months theme at Art Journal Journey.
Oh dear, where to begin, there are some fantastic pieces of inspiration over at AJJ.
Anyway after looking through some old books  I came across Van Gogh's painting called 'The Starry Night'.


I printed out a copy as I intended to use part of  it on my page, but first of all I got out the paints and had a go at my version of the  sky and background hills. Then a bit of fussy cutting of the print out to add to the bottom of the page.
 This  is not one of my comfort zones, but I enjoyed the challenge to try.

I am slowly catching up with my Journal 52 pages,  this one fits the prompt for Week 44 Skyline.

For week 40  at Journal 52 the prompt was Experiments.
I used one of my  first Brusho try out/ experiments pages  and this was  the end result.

  
Thank you for taking time to stop by, I always appreciate the comments you leave for me.

19 comments:

  1. Oooh, just lovely. Your van Gogh is great, and I love the other page, too. You have been busy! Thanks for this wonderful contribution to Art Journey Journey! I am off to bed now, so I wish you good night! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What delicious pages. I really like the altered Van Gogh - what fun! And the Brusho colours are gorgeous, and work so well with the stamping. Fab!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous....love the colour tones and the design is gorgeous...have a great weekend...
    aNNie xxxx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning van Gogh and delicate the other page. Wondeful bothe of them, Yvonne,
    Have a great weekend,
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Van Gogh inspired page is just adorabel with htis wonderful foliage and i love this sentiment so much. Yvonne..and the other page is lovely!
    Thank you for joining us again at Art Journal Journey!
    So fab to have you with us !
    Happy weekend !
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both wonderful pages Yvonne. Love the sky on your Van Gogh

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely pages Yvonne & the Van Gogh is a favourite of mine :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are gorgeous. I think you have done a good job. Wonderful Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two colorful pages Yvonne! Great work on both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pages Yvonne! Your interpretation of 'The Starry Night' is stunning, I love your version of the sky! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your interpretation of Starry Night Yvonne your other page is equally stunning - brilliant artwork x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pages Yvonne, love your Van Gogh esque make.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pages, Yvonne! Love your interpretation of Van Gogh and the fantastic sky. The second one is so beautiful, the colours are amazing.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both pages are gorgious, the first one let me think about the scream of Edward Much but olso a bit at Ensor and his work, really artsy and your second page is super too , great colours and image!!Greetings!!Mariaxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant pages both of them Yvonne! Love the Van Gogh page, but I really, really like the Brusho experiment too, they both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, both pages are super nice.
    Greets Carola

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful artwork, Yvonne. I love your starry night sky and beautiful Autumn page as well. Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your journaling... so many interesting details and always a wonderful composition! xx

    ReplyDelete