Wednesday 2 February 2011

C. of C. week30

This week Linda  over at StudioL3 has guided us to page 48 of TH Compedium of Curiosities to explore the technique of Altering Metal with Paint. There are some super examples  over at Linda's place. We were all getting upset at the thought of this great challenge nearly coming to a close, but,  there is promises of more to come.Hooray.
I am showing you the piece I made against a  lace background , as I hope to incorperate it later as an embellishment  on  a shoebox I am altering,  as yet definately  this is still in the planning stage.
Thankyou for stopping by to take a look.

12 comments:

  1. What a great metal piece! Just beautiful!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous altered metal, love your picture inserted into it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh this is so special
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. A great embellishment for your box.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colors on your altered metal, it's quite different than most.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to see this for real. It looks absolutely gorgeous! The picture is perfect for it and so is the background. What do you think Linda has in store for us?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Donna ... I'd like to hold this gorgeous piece ... and maybe "accidentally" drop it into my pocket!

    Really, what a great creation! Perfect altered metal, perfect image, perfect everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a gorgeous piece. I will be very interested to how you use it on that altered shoe box. Don't forget to show us when completed. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great piece- elegant! It will be a gorgeous embellishment no matter where you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. MeggyMay, as always, you've rocked the CCC! This is gorgeous, and I love the idea of turning the ornate plate vertically-- it's a whole new look, and it's fabulous! The little botanical pieces are a great addition. You did an awesome job altering the metal, and the image is lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful way to display an image! Love this piece!

    ReplyDelete