Thursday 1 July 2021

Summer Countryside at......... Art Journal Journey

 


Its July and we have a new theme over at Art Journal Journey

hosted by......Alison  from Words and Pictures.

Please call over to AJJ to  see how Alison has inspired us

 and to read all the information she is sharing for the theme.

I am sharing another made over journal  page using a photo taken  among the apple trees at the top of my garden.  A fussy cut stamped bird and a die cut or two, and  some computer generated leaves in the foreground which covered most of the die cut branches.

 One of the joys of a local country walk was for me.... to hear the birds singing  and see  the bushes and trees with all their abundant foliage and if we were lucky to see the deer in the distance..

These days a trip to the countryside isn't possible for many folk due to restrictions, I am lucky to live close to woodland but   don't get to walk there now, the uneven ground   is a hazard for me    I'll stay with my memories of many happy walks in the countryside  and enjoy  a few  walks with my sons when they are able to be with me. 

We hope you will join  us over at Art Journal Journey and look forward to seeing your journal pages following Alison's theme.

14 comments:

  1. You have an incredible garden, Yvonne. It is beautiful and compliments your journal page beautifully. You have truly captured the essence of the countryside in summer. Thanks for this first inspiring entry you have given us using Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous photo and what beautiful framing with the additional leafy branches and that sweet bird. I completely agree about bird song - such an important ingredient in a summer's day. So happy to be spending some time in the Summer Countryside with you at AJJ this month!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous piece, Yvonne, I love it. You are wise to wait for your sons if you are not steady on your feet, enjoy the time in your garden. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful combined journal with the photo and the cute bird in the branch.
    It is wise of you to go for a walk with your sons.
    Have a beautiful day, hugs- Elke

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful page Yvonne. I love the little bird welcoming us to this countryside walk. It is perfect for this new challenge. I hope your July starts out with some beautiful weather. Happy July. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it nice when we have lovely memories to remind us of walks in the woodland and countryside. Little incidents pop back into our minds and we have a chuckle.
    So glad you have lovely memories of the woodland but so sorry the ground is to uneven for you now. I do understand as I have to walk with my eyes glued to the ground.
    Your journal page is so pretty, and I love the little bird who has joined you on your memory walk.
    Hugs Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this page Yvonne - you're made a great frame for the apple trees! Sorry to hear that you can no longer walk in the woods alone! I hope it won't be too long now before we can spend more time with our families! Enjoy the memories, especially of the bird songs.
    Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photo and it is perfect for the AJJ theme and your page. Love the bird nestled in the bushes and the beautiful colors you used. Hopefully your sons will come soon and you can get out and walk your pretty gardens more. Here, I could walk our property, but am scared of the snakes, bugs, and heat! Hubby killed a giant rattle snake in the garden right up against the house - I am running to my car if I get out at all - lol! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful summer page for the theme.
    I wish your July is full of sun and joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely journal
    and delightful bird . xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page! Love how you used the photo and framed it, and added the pretty bird - perfect 😁. Take care and Happy July! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful summery page Yvonne! xx

    ReplyDelete