Wednesday 11 March 2020

Its all about Green

Salt
An old technique revisited..... and one that still needs loads of practise and some patience  from me.











I had stamped the flower I wanted to use and covered it with a mask.
Pressed the distress ink pad directly to my page, sprinkled it with course grain salt, sprayed with water and covered it with cling wrap.
Sounds okay so far

The page on the left is another try using the same 
technique but with a different shade of green.
hard to tell on the photos.
I did help this page on its way to drying out and used a paper tissue to soak up the water.






The colour green is much paler on this page, I added the fussy cut girl and added  a digital frame..

The words read.....

Some things just fill your heart without trying.











Welcome to my corner of the dining room table,
this is my crafty space these days, I still have the cuppa close by   and think of the folk  who visit Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T day. Tuesday just flew past again this week.
Making plans isn't an option these days, my mantra of
' one day at a time'
 that you have heard from me  before,  is very relevant in our home.



I had two challenge themes in mind  for these pages.
Green.......
which is Eileens theme over at

and a reminder
current theme...... A new technique.

Thank you for calling in today, your visit is really appreciated and I  will catch up as soon as I can

18 comments:

  1. I love the colors....happy colors....We are waiting for spring with this kind of bright colors. This is the time for new life....fresh green...little baby animals....This feeling is what I got here today. Thank you for making us happy.
    xxx Plony

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous page! I love that sweet little girl and colorful flower, the heart border is beautiful!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous technique! A fantastic page Yvonne!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I missed you for T this Tuesday, but I totally understand your predicament. I really LIKE this technique. It's very different and unusual. Both journal pages turned out lovely, and I could never decide which I preferred. You are such a DEAR to share this with us at Art Journal Journey, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your one day at a time has some positivity to it. And I love both your pages. Your second one is so cheery. I love that fussy cut girl. And nice technique. I've never tried that but I like the results. Hope it was a nice T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colourful flower on the lovely green background is wonderful. Happy belated T Day, hope your week is good. One day at a time is a good motto! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your journal is beautifully designed, the idea is great! I love your style, so fantastic!
    Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really must try the salt technique again in my journal, so many techniques get forgotten about so this was a lovely reminder of a favourite. I love how it turned out and the idea of masking like that has had a gorgeous effect - love the blue and green together. But then your second page comes along and I like that so much, something about the gentleness of the colour speaks and calms me. Two lovely pages, so different yet similar ideas.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree that some things fill your heart without trying. These pages are fabulous. The girl is very fun and the flowers are super pretty. I forget about the salt technique- I need to try it again soon. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart goes out to you, Yvonne, as you take it one day at a time. Thank you for sharing this beautiful green page with us at Art Journal Journey. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Yvonne, you've brought back many happy memories of using salt with my pre-school children, must try this technique again. Both fabulous journal pages, so nice to see those lovely greens. One day at a time makes us evaluate our time which is so precious, take good care of yourselves & enjoy every creative moment Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pages! The techniques look fabulous and I love the different greens and how you framed the flowers - amazing 😁. One day at a time is a great mantra, take care and wishing you a happy Friday and Weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That technique is a great way of framing and drawing attention to the flower head - love the version with the sweet little girl and lovely words. Hope you are doing okay.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. great technique, love this kind of framing alot

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful page and great technique - might give it a go again myself! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous page, nice bright colours to cheer us up in these grim days too! Stay healthy!!! Thank goodness for the Internet & our art pals....


    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete