Another experiment day following Sheena Douglas's background instructions. This time a touch of vaseline to act as a resist with the old magnolia emulsion paint. I also used her Wild Rose set of stamps.
Colouring in with acrylic paint, made me realise I need lots, lots, more practise with my paintbrush, but the whole process felt very relaxing.
When I had painted the butterfly I stamped over it again to emboss the edges, luckily I got it in the right position over the the original image.
Challenge 10 at. Lets Ink It Up
is Embossing, There are some super examples of all kinds of embossing to look at there.
Thankyou for taking time to stop by and take a peep at my efforts.
I tried this technique with vaseline a while ago and mine ended up looking so dreadful it had to be binned. Yours on the other hand is gorgeous Yvonne. Enjoy the weekend, Annette xReplyDelete
Gorgeous creation, wow your background is stunning. I will have to give this one a go. Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck. Hugs Suzanne xReplyDelete
another great project Yvonne love the flowers and backgroundReplyDelete
Beautifully done, those stamps are lovely and your painting is great. XOXO ZoeReplyDelete
Your painting is great Yvonne, it's something I keep meaning to try but find it a bit scary! I'm hoping Sheena will be at Alexandra Palace so that I can watch and learn :)ReplyDelete
Another technique with great results - love that background!ReplyDelete
I think your painting looks lovely! I have never painted a stamped image. Love the background!ReplyDelete
Well done this creation is beautiful, going to have to try that technique. Thanks for sharing with us at let's Ink It Up.ReplyDelete
Hugs Shirley x x
What a stunning piece of art. That butterfly looks like it's gliding! Thanks for joining us at LIIU!ReplyDelete
Another stunner, you've painted the butterfly beautifully. You've found another skill. Hugs CazReplyDelete