Wednesday 7 December 2016

The rabbit and the Snowman


A hybrid journal page for
where Valerie's theme for the month is 
Light and Darkness.

This is how the page began,
I used printed tissue as my base layer, which does look a dirty grey colour  in real life. I think it was because the brush I  used to stick it down with,  hadn't been washed properly. But this happy accident made me think of a fun, winter, scenario, with a dull evening  after a fall of bright, white snow.. The rabbit  was the front of a card I received from a friend. I always save cards to re use and a non crafting friend also passes hers to me.  
 I have made a note to myself to use them  more often.
The result has digital additions from Mischief Circus and Oscrap kits.

Can you just imagine a conversation on a frosty  night, between a snowman and a rabbit. With the rabbit accusing him of using one of his carrots for a nose.
Way back when. my boys always used a carrot for their snowman's nose and coal for his eyes.

I will also join in ....The Dreamers Challenge this week over at
where the theme is........... Snowman.

Thank you for stopping by to see me today, you are very welcome
 and your comments are always appreciated.


22 comments:

  1. What a fantastic page, and a great idea to use some of the hoarded items! Lovely contrast between the light and dark parts. Thanks for another great page for AJJ, and have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful page and lots of fun as well. You have fitted so much of interest in the background and it looks terrific

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr.Snowman is really fun. He is loving these cold dark nights I think. I'm glad someone is. I'm missing the sun! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, love the way the rabbit is looking at the snowman. Pretty tissue for the background as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the background you chose. It provides so much depth to your piece. It's very clever how you used the rabbit and the snowman. I would love to be a tiny field mouse and hear this brilliant conversation. It's a great AJJ entry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic and fun page Yvonne. Great background as well!
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WONDERFUL !
    I love your beautiful page Yvonne!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great page Yvonne, great background and I love the scribbly snowman.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love This si beautiful page Yvonne !! Love your background created today !! and this rabbit is so cute ! Happy weekend to you, big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that vintage background and the scribbly snowman is a delight! Great page.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun piece Yvonne, love your rabbit and that tissue paper background (note to self must use all the printed tissue paper I hoard lol ) great way to recycle cards too

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page Yvonne which certainly raised a smile this morning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful page! Love the nice snowman and rabbit .Lovely background.
    Greetings Doris x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super page Yvonne. I did smile when I read the sentiment. Lovely background.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the fun idea here, and the way the rabbit image blends so well into the background. Lovely scribbled snowman too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is charming. I do like the grunginess of the background and the happy snowman (he looks like he has had a very good evening). It's very amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well how can I not love this page Yvonne, it has a bunnnnny!!! Love the light humour and the beautiful winter imagery. A lovely page! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha ha - fabulous fun Yvonne - this is brilliant.
    I love the expression on the snowmans face.
    Great background too. Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hadn't realised I was so far behind - such a terrible blogger at the moment! Glad I didn't miss this!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete