Thursday 27 November 2014

Recycle for Christmas at ATP Exchange

Its my turn to choose the theme over at Artist Trading Post Exchange so the theme I picked is......
Recycle for Christmas
Please pop over for all the details and see what we all made.
There is a £10 store voucher to be won, donated by Artist Trading Post
.


This is the hanging I made, when I hang it up on the wall, I will be adding some fresh holly around the wire. 
It is just too soon to do that.


On the left  is the wooded plaque  I decided was long overdue
a make over.

First a  few coats of cream acrylic, a bit of random texture  and some stencilling using the  Tim Holtz Festive stencil.
  

I used Paper Artsy Fresco Finish paints Toad Hall and Vintage Lace for my base colours. 
Adding Treasure Gold  wax to the stencil and  edges
.

The three panels were all made in the same way. Corrugated packaging, painted with Vintage Lace. Edged with Frantage  embossing .
The poinsettia stamp is from the Stampers Anonymous Christmas Blueprint collection.  Embossed using Ranger gold powder, then water coloured, with a few tiny glass beads in the centers.
I hope you will join us and give something a new purpose in life.



Thank you for stopping by,  the comments you leave me. are always appreciated


21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous hanging, love all the materials and techniques you used! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great theme and a wonderful make Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific Yvonne--love the background colours and texture that set the scene for the fabulous flowers.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely recycled hanging Yvonne! The background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant creation, that hanger is just beautiful...love the added colours and gorgeous flowers like that.
    .xxxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that beautiful background you've created Yvonne. The depth and texture is gorgeous and love the colours. I've really enjoyed your wonderful challenge - thankyou!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful makeover...love the background colours and texture and the poinsettias just pop....great challenge Yvonne! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fantastic recycled hanging, Yvonne! Love the beautiful poinsettias and the amazing background. A great theme.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous wall hanging Yvonne ! Love the texture you've added and the pops of red from the poinsettia's are beautiful ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the recycling! I love poinsettias at all times and these look so pretty that I'm sure the holly will make a perfect foil for them.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful makeover yvonne. I love the textured background and the flowers look gorgeous.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous makeover and it looks so pretty as it is, even without the addition of the fresh holly.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love poinsettias ,beautiful creation.
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous wall hanging which is perfect for the festive season and will look gorgeous with the holly added.
    Sorry I haven't been around in ages but life took over with workshops particularly.
    Hope all is well with you.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the texture, the burlap, corrugated card board and the texture past. Just so pretty. Thanks so much for the holiday blessings!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous wall hanging Yvonne! Love those poinsettias x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this hanging, Yvonne. The poinsettias are gorgeous and the makeover is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, this is absolutley stunning! Wow Yvonne, I love everything about it! Those gorgeous red poinsettias on the burlap and cardboard background and the beautiful texture paste pattern! Gorgeous! Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog while I was on holiday! I had a great time with my Mom, although the week flew by too quickly! Hope you had a wonderful week as well! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great hanging. I love the background texture - the gilded holly looks so cool! - and the trio of panels are lovely. The burlap is a great layer.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete