Monday 24 February 2020

A sheltering tree


Love is a Sheltering Tree.




The idea for this page began when a friend called in bringing me some  old cards she had received.
This one with the two owls on the tree branch    already die cut  just needed me to re -purpose. it   all  I needed was a die cut of my own to cut it out.
The words were computer generated



I used a favourite heart stencil for the background to the page which allows me to share this page at Art Journal Journey
 for Bleubeard and Elizabeth's theme.... Hearts


I chose to use the colour green  and  my recycled card  giving me the opportunity to remind folk about the current Try it on Tuesdays  theme
Green or Recycle It
where Bleubeard and Elizabeth are the Guest hosts for this theme .

Thank you for calling in to see me, your comments are really appreciated.

16 comments:

  1. G piece, love that die cut. Great recycling. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Yvonne. Those die cuts were just too good to throw away. That circle is a lovely backdrop. I like the font you used, too.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pice!!! Great idea with the recyling!!!
    Greeting Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those owls in the tree are sooooo cute. Too cute to put in a recycle bin. I can see why you would be thrilled to get them. You turned them into a fabulous journal page, dear Yvonne. Your heart stencil is magnificent. That stencil creates such a lovely background. And I'm thrilled it honors both my theme at Art Journal Journey, and my stint as a GD at Try it on Tuesday. A super two-fer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card Yvonne, the little owls are so cute and deserve to be used again. A great piece of recycling.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this sentiment, love your beautiful green page, love the recycle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzer, this and the one below, green is so gorgeous...love the owls.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning and I love how you combined both challenges Yvonne. This is beautiful. And nice use of a old card. Happy Tuesday. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully combined page. Nice words, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful Yvonne! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful page and a wonderful way to recycle those pretty owl cards! The stenciled background looks fabulous too 😁. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice makeover, Yvonne, loving all the green and what a difference in the woman's face. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant makeover ! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete