Tuesday 1 September 2015

Back to school at TioT's


A new month and a new challenge at Try it on Tuesdays.
This time the theme is  to 'Try Something New'.
Please pop over to see what we all made.
My happy family of Quirky Birds are going back to school today.

Arthur is always last to leave his cage and is never ready when Cynthia and Agnes call for him.


I gave myself the extra challenge to mainly use water colours and Aqua tints, I even used them for the background stamping.
First of all I had trickled paint over the card. let it run. smooshed it around a bit with a mop up. just like a kid being given its first piece of paper and some paint. Great fun. The bottle tops dipped into the paint were super to make a pattern of circles.
The mop up cloths sprayed with water were good for filling in gaps.
Next up was a Tim Holtz stencil to add texture



My new crafty item was this set of die cuts, that match the bird stamps. One of the easiest products of this type that I have used. The die cuts fit over the images so well.





Thank you for stopping by to see me today, the comments you leave are always appreciated

21 comments:

  1. Love your quirky birds, Yvonne, just gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific page and wonderful colours on the new birds

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project is just ADORABLE Yvonne! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and well done!
    Have a wonderful day, Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have a giggle with the crazy birds! My dies are on order & I shall be picking them up in Maine later this month :-D

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! This has really made me smile! Love those splashes of pink - adore those birds - especially Arthur Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous card Yvonne !! I love these birds so much, and the background is just fabulous!! love the colours! Big hugs. Caty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant page! Love the birds perched on the piles of books… and I hope the one in the cage knows that education will set him free!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous page Yvonne and I love the little scene with these birds and the background looks great, Looks like you had a lot of fun with this.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWWWW, thats a beautiful project. Great!!!
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous page and I adore the colours. Those birds are so fun!
    Fantastic, Yvonne!
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous project Yvonne! In love with the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a creative page Yvonne, love how you have incorporated those crazy birds xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A brilliant project, love you quirky take on starting school, this is one of my favourite stamp sets hugs Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness what a fun page!!! The birds are so cute all ready for school, and there always has to be a stubborn one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful project love de birds ,splashes of pink love it !
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! this is fabulous fun. Naughty Arthur, I hope he doesn't make Cynthia and Agnes late for school.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a fun page Yvonne, I just love those birds and didn't realise there were matching dies! Trouble is I have filled my revamped craft room and swore I wasn't going to buy anything else as I have so much unused stash!! Maybe I could find a little space for those adorable birds :0)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you fun creating the background for this fabulous page. I love the way you have incorporated the stacks of books, and the quirky birds are great. It's handy having the matching dies to cut them out.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete