Wednesday 10 July 2013

Summer in July


I'm late in showing you my latest swap Fat Page for July, so here it is.



This is one side of the page, two tags  are tucked behind the ribbon. The stamps are mainly Jofy from Paper Artsy. The shading is Lemonade  distress ink and a pale green Pans Pastels. I used water colour pencils for the flowers and bird
To add a bit of interest to the edges I used  Aged Green Frantage  embossing powder.




On the right is a photo of the other side of the page.
I added a coat of clear gloss to the petals of the daisy.

I will be joining the challenge at Country View Crafts as the current challenge is Summer Sizzler.
Now it is so unusual for us to be having a few days in a row with sun, that I kind of think back to when I was a child, we always had sun in the summer back then [memories often play tricks on you]. Making daisy chains was another summer memory, do girls still make them I wonder.



Thank you for stopping by, I always appreciate your comments.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages, love those stamps you have used. Same weather here, I am sure it was all different when we were kids! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! I love that birdie and what a great idea with the tag! It is very hot here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great summer page Yvonne, I love the fat little bird. I still love daisies too. My older sister used to make daisy chains for me when I was little and I enjoyed making them for my daughter and later for my granddaughter. She now has a six month old baby girl of her own and has already taken a photo of her holding a daisy in her hand.So sweet.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific work and am loving the stamps and colourings you've used, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've used the Jofy stamps, a great design.
    Hope you are having a great week.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, love the bird and flower images!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the JoFy stamps! I've managed to keep away from them so far but not sure it will last!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic colours and images-all very summery

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO cute - I love the two tag inserts - brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute but in a whimsical way and what a beautiful idea to have the sentiment tucked behind the tag.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, love the double tags. Yvonne, you are always so clever! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun and funky card, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful project with fabulous images.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what great pages, these stamps are so versatile, lovely background
    hugss and best wishes
    Daniele

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the little bird and great use of the two tags x Thanks for joining us at country view crafts challenge site trace x

    ReplyDelete