Thursday 28 July 2011

Sewing school.

I was cutting a few of these die shapes [Tim Holtz-alterations] for a friend and just had to use of some  for myself.
 The tag is by Crafty Individuals, but I added some stamped script and a few embossed swirls. The word ticket is a Darkroomdoor stamp. The shading is walnut stain, tea dye, and  tumbled glass distress inks. It took  more time to add twine to the bobbins and button holes as it did to assemble the tag, some days the fingers don't move how I would like them to.
The challenges, I had in mind for this tag are

Sugar Creek Hollow  who's theme this week is 'Lets play tag'.
Simon Says Stamp and Show  Anything Goes.
The Stampman challenges No28, Show us some stitching
Now I  know it says show  some stitching, but I must mention that  I gathered the lace to make it look frilly before I added it to the  dummy.

The examples at  these blogs  are  inspirational.

Thankyou for stopping by to take a look, I realy appreciate your comments.

12 comments:

  1. This is really lovely . the layering of the dress form is fab and all the little details are great. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much! Beautiful project using the dressform die set! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece, and I know what you mean about needing time to poke the thread through the buttons! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. tres chic....I love all things vintage and sewing and the lace looks great round the form
    hugs and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tag! The spools of thread are too cute!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag, love this vintage look. Great detail with the spools anbd thread.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those die shapes... they're great aren't they! Love the way you've used them too.
    Just realised I've not been following your 'new' blog.. doh!
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers, this is gorgeous. I love the lace around your dress form and the twine on the spools is lovely. So glad you could join us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week and please come again.

    Patti SCH/DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors.....love the dressed "lady"....JUST LOVE EVERYTHING about your tag!!

    THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with the teamies of Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautifully dressed dummy Yvonne :) a wonderful tag :)
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your tag Yvonne, there is just so much detail and the colours work really well together.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fab Yvonne - loving all that texture!Thanks for sharing at The Stamp man challenge x Janet

    ReplyDelete