Tuesday 5 July 2011

The secret is patience


This is the card I was trying to post  earlier this afternoon for the Stampman Challenge-26.
As the light and the shine from the acetate caused  a number of odd looking photos,  and blogger wouldn't let me load the photo, I nearly gave up altogether. So here I am a little calmer   deciding  to give it another go,  everything appears to be  working,  although parts of the card still look  a bit shaded.
The theme for the challenge was to use Alcohol inks with an optional sketch.
I used  Wild Plum ink to splatter onto my acetate, with a few drops of gold mixative. The tree and sentiment are  Elusive Images stamps [now Chocolate Baroque] from the Essence of Nature set. I also stamped the butterflies on the same  acetate, then added a bit of bling.
Thankyou for stopping by, I always appreciate your comments

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Love the butterflies too. Thanks for joining in The Stamp man Challenge and have a wonderful day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Yvonne, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Yvonne. This one and the one on the previous post.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one very beautiful creation. The butterfly idea is terrific

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, glad you got it uploaded in the end! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at The Stamp Man. Your colours are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yvonne this is just gorgeous. I love the colours and the use of the sketch.
    Thanks for joining in with the Stamp Man challenge.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge.

    ReplyDelete