Tuesday 25 July 2017

Cats and Tea


Hello friends who call in to see me today.
First of all I am sharing another hybrid journal page for

where our lovely T day  hosts Bleubeard and Elizabeth   are also hosting this months theme of Summertime love.
I got my inspiration  for this when I saw our neighbours cat, lying on our patio
 in the summer  sunshine on Sunday  morning.  It never came anywhere near our garden when we had our Meg, but I think it is feeling safe now  and we didn't mind it calling in. 


Most of my pages seem to be starting off the same way these days. With a fussy cut piece from a colouring page and a napkin.
Followed by extra shading and then some  digital additions.
I think I may be getting into a rut, but I have so many pretty napkins and lots of coloured pages to use, I am on a mission to get them into a journal.



Now to grab a cuppa and visit with the folk at
Bleubeard and Elizabethswhere T stands for Tuesday 

and we are always made to feel very welcome
 and share a drinks related post


On the subject of cats I think Elizabeth, Bleubeard and Squiggles might have enjoyed visiting  this
workshop we found whilst
we were in Yorkshire








--The Cat Pottery
.

The outdoor cats were enjoying the sunshine.






I spent ages looking around the pottery garden, which was situated behind the owners home.









They were cat lovers in real life as well and  you could tell,  each cat was named.
Yes they were displaying a price if you wanted to take one home, but it was their business. Some however were not for sale and when I asked it was because it was there special one off piece to remember a family cat.





Now for some of the indoor cats.




These were cast metal and to tactile to the touch.











Some of the china cats on the right, it was hard to get a good photo of these ones.
This is  a small metal cat  that I fell in love with,  we have renamed her Tiger.
after a cat we had many years ago. She used to sit on  a chair or  the garden wall,  in this same position and pounce on the dog we had at the time, as he  walked past.



Where is the cuppa you may be wondering,
I should have had a cup the size of this one that  we saw holding plants in a Garden center we visited recently.









But as you can see the tea was as usual. placed close to hand beside the computer as I was sorting through  these cat photos.
I have been working on holiday photos for the past two hours and  I still have loads to sort  out, but not today.

I will leave you with this selection of photos. The owner of the pottery suggested we walk to the bottom of the village take a right turn..... we did and this is the scene that met us. A  beautiful waterfall in an  equally lovely location.

Happy Tea day Everyone

30 comments:

  1. A fantastic page Yvonne and you have certainly made this way of making a beautiful page your own

    The cat place looks like one to add to my must do list if only to find the amazing view at the end of the walk. My daughter would love to go and make some cats as well I reckon.

    Have a very happy T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post again! Great photos of the places you visited, and love all those cats. Glad that the feline from next door is now visiting, they are clever creatures. Your journal page is gorgeous, and each one you make is really special. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may think you're in a rut, but I think your summertime cat inspired page is simply wonderful. I'm sure Bleubeard agrees, since as co-host at AJJ, he hasn't seen a lot of felines this month. It's a gorgeous entry and I'm thrilled you created it with Art Journal Journey in mind. And it's good that you don't mind the neighbor's cat visiting. In fact, it might even be welcoming for both you and the cat.

    Speaking of cats, Bleubeard and Squiggles would be in cat heaven at the Cat Pottery. Some of those outdoor cats looked real. I had to enlarge the photos to make sure I wasn't looking at a real cat. They are stunning. I know C.J. is going to go crazy, too. Some of these indoor cats look like her beloved Ink.

    That's a BIG, BIG cup and saucer. You certainly couldn't miss it. But I think I prefer your cup of tea. Thanks for sharing the Cat Pottery, the waterfall, and your tea with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat page is lovely and the sentiment is perfect, you have some beautiful napkins to inspire your pages ... maybe you are secretly creating a napkin inspired art journal ๐Ÿ˜€. The Cat Pottery you visited is amazing and I love Tiger, she looks adorable! Thanks for sharing your happy memory and seeing her sat ready to pounce would make me smile every time I see her ๐Ÿ˜. I also enjoyed visiting the waterfall with you too, thanks! You found a fantastic teacup and saucer for T Tuesday - Happy T Day! J ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats and more cats, love your gorgeous work of art.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful journal page and great photos, I'd love to visit the cat pottery, the trouble is that I'd spend too much money as I collect cats.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect page to go along with your visit to the cat pottery. So many figurines to see. And pretty scenery at the end. I love waterfalls, they seem so calming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful your work with the imaginative cat and the background so everything fits beautifully together! The many cat figurines as sweet and the beautiful coffee cup with lucky clover in the shop!
    Nice area with the waterfall!!!
    I wish you a nice day
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow I loved all these cats and then more cats-our art page is just awesome-and loved seeing all the pottery and more Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. i LOVE cats and so i enjoyed your post very much!
    happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is you special artsy way of creating the most beautiful pages always - this one is no exception!
    And I love those cat pottery and the metal cats!
    Happy T-Day Yvonne and thanks a lot for another fantastic page linked to AJJ!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post yvonne !!! It´s really great, as great is your wonderful cat page!! Just amazing ! love cats, our last cat was Lulรบ, so sweet her! The place you visited, Cat pottery, is wonderful also, wouls like to be there too!!. Thanks a lot for sharing those so beautiful photographs and moments.
    I wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think you're in a rut-don't most of us tend to use the things we like so much or have lots of? I for one use tons of gel prints on deli paper:) Your art is beautiful and I love the sentiment. Lovely trip to Yorkshire, and the cats are all just wonderful. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cat page is beautiful. It's not a rut to work in the same way, it's your style and makes your artwork distinctive. Elizabeth was correct. I am going ga-ga over the kitty pottery. I'd be hard pressed to go home with only one kitty. The sleeping kitty, middle, on the very bottom shelf looks like the position Ink used to favor when napping. Thanks for sharing the gorgeous waterfall pics. Simply breath-taking. Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All those cats! I like the one you chose :)

    What a garden! I love the photos you shared. The waterfall! That's beautiful!

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely page and fabulous photos Yvonne. Love the idea of a cat pottery! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Chrissie I do love your journal page! How wonderful the cat pottery must be - I shall have to make a note of it! Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a treat this post was Yvonne!!! I'am in LOVE with that cat pottery!!! Happy happy t day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fabulous hybrid page, Yvonne. You do a great job with your beautiful napkins and colouring pages.
    I love cats and all those cats are wonderful!
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty page, Yvonne. I'd be using those napkins too! That's a real beauty in the background.

    You must have enjoyed strolling through the cat workshop. Didn't you want to take them all home?

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those unexpected discoveries are always the best I think. A cat studio- now that is really cool. I think Tiger was a good choice. Plus you don't have to clean a litter box or feed her either. :) Hope it was a great T day, and can't wait to see some more of your holiday photos. Oh yes, and your cat art is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love cats, so I went crazy for this post. :) That workshop that you visited is amazing, and your new little Tiger is adorable. I think that your journal page is dreamy. If you are in a rut, at least it's a good rut. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cat journal page! and all the other cats were delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your geometric cat is fabulous Yvonne sitting on a fabulous journal page. I can see why you enjoyed the cat pottery what a fabulous place to while away an hour xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love those cats and I can totally understand you had to take one home. And what a beautiful location. Thank you for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Happy T day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I'm a happy woman - just look at all those cats! Starting with your delicate mosaic fellow, in his beautiful sunny garden spot - lovely page! - and then on to all those wonderful sculptural felines. So glad one of them came home with you. Looks like a great place for a day out.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  27. That cat is certainly someones sunshine today and he looks so happy. What a wonderful place to visit - so many gorgeous cats and I'm not surprised you had to give one a new home. Looks like a lovely surprise finding that tranquil place at the bottom of the garden.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous cat page wow!! And those photos are just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. waue I can see you are inspired by cats. the photos are great love all those sculptural cats

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a delightful shop, garden, and assortment of cat art! these would be the only kind I could have as I am allergic! I think you picked exactly the right one to take home...so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete