Tuesday 12 August 2014

Frida in the shadows


Another  Frida  page for the August theme over at Art Journal Journey
The inspiration over there is awesome, thank you  Susi and Valerie  who chose this theme and  for taking me down a path I may never have found.
I  am  so taken with this subject, that I  have managed to find a rubber stamp with her image by Lost Coast Designs.   I used stencils as a background. Stamped Frida a few times without re- inking the stamp every time. I liked the shades on the one I used as a mask, so included it as well. 
To finish off I used a sunburst mask and a very thin layer of grunge paste for texture, colouring when dry with metallic wax.
Thank you for stopping by, the comments you leave are always appreciated.

18 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC! I am so happy that you also have Frida Fever! Wonderful journal page! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutly gorgeous. Love you stamping.
    Great design . Thanks for inspiring me Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love another great Frida page.....don't you just love her and her amazing story. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Frida page. Your stamping is amazing and the image is so beautifully colored. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page Yvonne, love the way your have stamped her fading into the background.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous page Yvonne, I love the way you have used the stamp.
    I did not know anything about Frida until I saw your journal pages which inspired me to google her and found her amazing story. so thanks for that.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page I really love it!!! great stamping!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page! Love the repeat stamping
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I am totally in LOVE with this one Yvonne.. that is just GORGEOUS..I love all about it ... Frida in shades..and the harmonius colors - the textures...AMAZING!
    Thank you for sharing it with us!!!
    ♥♥♥

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yvonne, your page is amazing! And you have a Frida stamp!! How cool! You certainly used it beautifully!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Yvonne, your're very creative, this is another wonderful page of Frida with a great background.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  12. More wonderful ideas Yvonne and great that you got a stamp as well.

    This theme seems to have grabbed many of us.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awe inspiring inspiration Yvonne.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your shadow Frida page is wonderful representing the many faces of Frida. I am a big fan of bursts and really like how you used the stencil very much!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. AMAZING!!! Great frida work;love it!!!

    XXX Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's an amazing Frida page - so haunting with the shadowy faces... love it.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete