Wednesday 23 September 2015

Freda's view from her window for AJJ


Another birds eye view  in my journal page today
This time its Freda's  view  from her high rise window.
She is off to visit friends in the city and taking them a bunch of flowers.
She likes to visit with friends, they can gossip for hours,  about old times.
 They will talk about  their families  and  catch up on  allthe latest news.






This is how the page began,  a mop up base, I have many of these in my journal.
Next some stencils using Distress ink-Abandoned coral.
The stamps and stencils are all  from Tim Holtz.



Next some texture, for this I mixed some Golden glass bead gel with some acrylic paint and another Tim Holtz stencil.
As it was drying out I took the photo into my computer program [MCS] 
and had a bit of a digital play.
The result was the first photo I posted.


Another page going off to
where the theme is Through my Window.

Thank you for calling by to see what I have been making today,
 your comments are always appreciated
 Forgive me if I don't get to visit you all  regularly for  a short while.
 We are enjoying our last break away in the caravan, before the  start of winter.
I prefer the views from my window, autumn colours and woodland,
 Freda is welcome to her city views.

20 comments:

  1. She is so cool.. love her hat and your page is gorgeous Yvonne! Very clever to add the last touches digital!

    Thank you very much for so many pages this month again!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bird on the corner looks nice and the texture you made is beautiful. Love the brisk colours, too.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic piece, love your humour. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your bird peeking and heading off for a chirpy get together. You have a great trip too Yvonne. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More chuckling here at the further adventures! Great page :-D

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great page Yvonne, Frieda certainly has spectacular views from her window and I bet she's a very sociable bird living in the city.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. O h what a fun page! Beautifully put together and great use of the crazy bird stamp! Love that hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are turning those birds into the most fun and fabulous characters, great personality exudes from them.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super page, I love the Crazy Bird wearing her posh hat to go visiting in. Great use of the background stamps and stencils as well.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful and fun page! Great background, and Freda looks so feminine!
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks cute in her hat!! I prefer the country view as well. Sweet page. Enjoy your travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page it made me smile love Freda with her hat on and her view is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool bird! and lovely artwork - love what you have done with the My Craft Studio software....
    Have a great time in your caravan, hope the weather stays sunny and dry for you - suppose to better ( I think ) this weekend end. Down here in Essex the rain has stopped at last and sun now shining :) Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowww, what a great page. Cool!
    Grettings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a fun illustration and story-gotta love those birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I believe I may be the only one who does not have those Crazy Birds! Yvonne, I love this fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely colours and great mop-up background. Enjoy your last break before the winter.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun is this. I love how you added the TH birdie- made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Scrumptious page - love the autumnal leaves framing the city... Freda's definitely with her view! Gorgeous flourish texture too, and I really like the addition of the digi leaves.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant frame - lucky Freda with a view like that! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete