Thursday 3 September 2015

Fly away little Bird. for Stamps and Stencils

Up, up and Away.....with a twist.

is the challenge theme for September at Stamps and Stencil
Sharon wants us to show e.g. a plane, bird, feather, anything that can go up in the air.
The twist is  to use Autumnal Colours copper, burnt orange etc
Please pop over to see what we have all been making




I have to admit that taking photos was the last thing on my mind  as I was creating this project.
The base. a 6 x 6 inch canvas  was layered with a few  pieces of washi tape and scraps of lace.  Next came the stencils [Tim Holtz and Clarity]  and paper artsy Grunge Paste.. I left this to dry and gathered together a selection of spray paints including  Dylusions-Gold Mica, Amber and Sweetened orange. Using these until I was happy with the colours of autumn I hoped to see.



The bird stamp is from a  Dina Wakley set and was water coloured.
This I fussy cut and perched it on a twig from my garden.

The leaves and acorns are die cuts, but as my storage system for these was on a  magnetic sheet,  the makers packaging has been lost.





Thank you for stopping by to see me I always appreciate the comments you leave me.

18 comments:

  1. Very beautiful canvas. You are so talented to use many kind of materials.
    Have a wonderful day,
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your canvas is wonderful, love the glowing colours. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely burnished background to show off your beautiful bird Yvonne

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This canvas is fabulous. Love the textures and choice of metal colours. Beautiful details too. Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sumptuous piece, love the colours ... Gill x :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your take on my theme, I thought the background was actual copper. Beautiful x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous background Yvonne and like Sharon, I thought you'd used a piece of copper sheet! The bird perched on your home grown twig is a wonderful touch too.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous your background !!! really fantastique Yvonne !!colours, stencils, all very beautifully, I love this little bird, and the twig is a great detail!! I wish you a very nice day, big hugs. Caty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous theme and make Yvonne. Love the rich vibrant colours.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colors and texture, the bird and leaves are perfect additions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowww, that is fantastic. Beautiful colors , backround and design.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the gorgeous colourful metallic background you made here, and the arrangement of autumnal leaves is beautiful. Cute little bird sitting on his garden twig too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  13. As soon as I saw this pop up on the blog I thought perfect autumn colours and beautiful composition! Love the background texture build up and the feathers and bird are just gorgeous. Wonderful work Yvonne! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the background textures here and the colours look so rich, great embellishments for your little bird soo

    ReplyDelete
  15. A real beauty... the colours glow - especially that golden sun - and I love the little bird perched on his twig. The background is fabulous with the stencilled texture over the lace. A really wonderful canvas. It makes me happy looking at it.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful canvas Yvonne, love the warm, rich colour of the background and all the texture you've created. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This background is so beautiful -love the little bird too! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete