Monday 16 June 2014

Pink, pink and more pink.

Well pink is not a colour I am happy using, but it seems to be very popular at the moment, 
so before I got down to making some future D.T. projects,
 I just had to have a play.


I enjoy joining in the Tag Along challenges when I can and the current theme is  ' Use Pink'.
This tag was mainly made with Graphics 45 papers,  trimmings and a word stamp.

So this was just the beginning of my adventure into the world of  'Pink'.
I have noticed friends in blogland using their tags by adding them to cards or pages etc.
Thank you for the tip folk and I hope you don't mind me using it.
This is how I used  my tag--


I dry embossed the base card, then lightly coloured it with Victorian velvet distress ink.
Next up was a torn piece of a pretty patterned paper, some lacy, punched, paper strips and a few flowers.

I will be sharing my pink fest at these challenges--
Pretty in Pink-- at Make my Monday
Flower Garden---at  In the Pink
Shabby Chic ---at The Kraft Journal

Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Your comments are always appreciated


18 comments:

  1. Very pink but also very beautiful. I'm another wary pink-user, but often find that when I do the results make me happy - and that's certainly what your tag does to me too. They do say it's one of the most uplifting colours (after orange, which I basically hate - hope this doesn't say something about my tendency for the blues!)... and that's working here. Gorgeous tag, and it looks great on the card too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another super tag, Yvonne. You've used a beautiful pink colours combination and lovely details.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing the pink!! It's very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tag is gorgeous, love the pretty paterns and the pink! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful tag and it looks amazing on the card.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks pretty. I am enjoying your tag. Wish you luck. Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like many it seems, pink is also not a colour I reach for often, but I think you have used it here to great effect! Love the tag and the way you have added it to the card makes for an even better project, - I really love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beautiful tag card in pink Yvonne, hugs Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you with pink as I hardly use it, but I just love your pink tag! And tags always look even better when they top a stunning card! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it depends on the tone of pink Yvonne and this does it for me! So pretty and feminine and then perfect to add to a card:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great color and a fabulous project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really beautiful Yvonne, I'm loving all the pinkness! I love how you've used it on the card too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You may not be too comfortable with pink but this tag and card are very pretty. I love the papers and images you used.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not adverse to pink however I am fussy with the pinks I like in art and life - I favour the faded pinks, as though they have been washed out and faded by time however I admire when people use the brighter hues of pink as it can be so uplifting.
    This is exceptionally pretty as a tag and then as a topper on your card - beautiful results.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pinks :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely card with his tag Thanks for joining us at in the pink`
    Helene DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!!! Love your shabby chic card! Thanks for joining us on our Shabby Chic challenge this week at The Kraft Journal!♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. This tag looks gorgeous on the card base Yvonne, great choice of embellishments.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete