Tuesday 5 April 2011

Home Inspirations

This week  at Try it on Tuesdays we have been challenged to make a card inspired by a colour scheme from our home. There are some fantastic examples by my fellow teamies.
My card is inspired by a cross stitch picture. Most of my house is is neutral colours, with large areas of pictures grouped together. Cross stitch was a favourite hobby of mine for many years, here is my inspitation .
For my card I used Wendy Vechi and Tim Holtz stamps, vintage photo and antique linen distress inks.
I did have a picture of the group of pictures, but as I can only get it posted sideways, I had to give up.
You must include a picture of your inspiration as well as your card. There is a £10 voucher up for grabs from our sponser One Stop Cards.
Thankyou for taking time to take a look.

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow Yvonne, both beautiful projects. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks fab, i used to be into cross stitch in fact I had a shop many years ago, I love how you've intrepreted the piece very sympathetic
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's an Atkinson Grimshaw painting you've cross stitched! Beautifully done Yvonne! the card is a lovely reflection of the cross stitch, you've captured the feel of the image perfectly.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous interpretation Yvonne! Your card is great - and so is the cross stitch! I used to do cross stitching too until I discovered paper crafts x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Yvonne this is stunning! I loved it when you posted to the admin blog but now seeing the inspiration as well its a stunner x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous work, a lovely interpretation of your inspiration cross stitch. Very clever and talented my friend. We need to talk when you get home, give me a late call. love Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic inspiration and interpretation of cross stitch picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Yvonne
    I love this card. The colours and style - very atmospheric and moody.

    ReplyDelete