Friday 30 May 2014

Journal 52 week12


The Journal prompt for week 52 was a Mandala. I may have deviated a bit with my take on this, but I could only use what I have to hand in the caravan. There is a circle, I used a small plate for the template, its decorated  using   some of my Sheena Douglas stamps and colouring pencils..   If you have read my earlier post about 'mud' you will see that things have been a bit different recently for us in caravanland.
  So we have had a change of location today. Waved goodbye to the family who have returned home to clean the muck off the motors.  We are now staying  at a beautiful  site at Chatsworth in Derbyshire.
All firm ground, so the rain just bounces as it falls and makes a few puddles.
I hope to be catching up soon with you as we seem to have internet reception.

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Yvonne, love how you have highlighted the circle and such lovely soft shades.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Yvonne, I love the colours you used and the lovely swirly patterns.
    I'm glad that you are on firmer ground now, the mud did look a bit gruesome.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you are on firmer ground now Yvonne! The 'pool' would've been a challenging time...lol. This journal page looks amazing, so much movement with the swirls. Love it!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, super, great desing and wonderful colours!! I love this!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are out of the mud. Your mandala page s beautiful, I use plates a lot when I need circles! Have fun at the new location, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,this is gorgeous Yvonne. Love the Indian theme. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such delicate colours Yvonne-a wonderful journal creation for sure.

    Pleased you are at Chatsworth which is a place I love. Hope the sun shines on you now.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours and design :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab page Yvonne, love the way the circle pops off the page! These stamps are beautiful too. We loved out time in Derbyshire and will definitely go back again:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad to hear that you are on dry land again, lovely image and colouring
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful Mandala, Yvonne. The colors are really wonderful.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another gorgeous spread! Love how you echoed the pattern around the elephant in the rest of the page so it becomes an organic whole somehow. Lovely soft colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's an amazing page, fabulous elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love what you're creating with your travelling stash - beautiful stamps and colouring on this page.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete