Tuesday 20 May 2014

Journal 52 Books


Journal 52 and its already week 20. 
The prompt we were given this week was Book Inspiration.
I love reading books, and like many  authors,  I  choose a book to suit my mood. One thing comes that  high on my list  when reading a book, is that it must have an ending. Not necessarily  happy, but a definite conclusion. I went back in time for my inspiration book, . A Secret Garden by Fances Hodgson Burnet.
Using the title  as the prompt for the background and flowers.  The actual cut out book print pieces I used  came from old books picked up in junk shops.

I have been seeing some fabulous journal pages in many of the inspiring blogs I visit.
 Many times I have have thought I would join in at the Art Journal Journey but never quite had the courage to do so. However,  the theme is Circles and maybe , my round flowers  and background splodges will be okay.

Thank you for taking the time to visit, the comments you leave are always appreciated.
I may not get to visit you all for a few days, but will catch up soon.

13 comments:

  1. A wonderful summery page. I love your bright pink flowers and the use book pages.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the book page flowers, it's a sweet page for your journal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yvonne this is so beautiful ..and thought out so well ..why are you shy to join AJJ? You are such an excellent Journal-Artist !
    Thank you so much for this wonderful entry for AJJ - I love all about it!
    ♥♥♥
    Susi xxx
    WELCOME TO Art Journal Journey Yvonne! So happy about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a wonderfull page, I love thise bright flowers, the image is super beautiful and I love the colours and layout!!

    Greeatings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page and you chose a good book. My copy is 'loose-leaf' in the meantime, it has been read so much!Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely page Yvonne! Good for you branching out to another site as we'll :-) I'm sticking with DLP & J52 for now...

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. This page is so beautiful. I like the lovely flowers. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vibrant and very beautiful comes to mind Yvonne.

    Warm hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely page, great colours
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a wonderful page, fabulous flowers.
    I've completed my page this evening, still have to make a scan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! I just love those gorgeous and vibrant flowers! Sure a fun burst of color! Beautiful page! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg,this is amazing pages,love so much,very beautiful.

    XXX Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, yes - I love this one - fabulous use of the book pages to create your Secret Garden flowers... I've been reading it to my niece, and it's cast its magic over a new generation!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete