Thursday 29 March 2012

Love Art


I have made this tag for the last Colour Challenge at Gingersnap Creations
 The 4th Annual Copper, Ginger or Rust Challenge.


The background made with  a Studio490 stamp. I then used Katzelkraft stamps to build the layered stamps, with a bit of masking to get Mona in the right place. I have her behind a piece of a Sizzix die cut Fir tree.
All the shading and colouring is  mainly Rusty Hinge, with a little vintage photo towards the centre.
I used some mica powder to highlight the tree before stamping and embossing another Studio490 stamp
To finish all the tag edges were embossed  with distress powder.

I will also enter this tag in the new Challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show

Thank you for stopping by, I always appreciate the comments you leave.

15 comments:

  1. I love how you've used the fir tree. And that little heart finishes off the tag beautifully :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag! I love the way you layered everything! Inky goodness all around!

    Thanks for playing the 4th Annual Copper, Ginger or Rust Challenge at Gingersnap Creations! Don't forget to come back and vote for your favorite entry once the challenge closes!

    Hugs, Shar

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful tag Meggy! I love your monotone background and then now you've popped the Mona Lisa in black. It looks really good! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag Yvonne, love the vintage colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you have made this one! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely tag with a lot of thought as to what goes where and they all fit in just right.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Yvonne. Super tag. Lovely ideas as always.
    Have a great weekend.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a fantastic Mona tag, love the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow I have been missing some super wrk here Yvonne I cna't think why blogger keeps kicking you out of my readers list :(
    I love your Easter pieces and you tag is a fitting tribute to Gingersnaps Creations :)
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mona never looked so good! Love vintage colors and background! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show with your fabulous tag, love the colors and the stamps that you have used. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning tag with all those wonderful layers.
    You are making my fingers itch to use my da Vinci stamps once again.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete