Tuesday 16 August 2011

A visit from Santa


Well me making a Christmas card this early in the year is nothing short of miraculous.
However when I saw that  the new  challenge theme over at Sugar Creek Hollow was to make a Vintage Christmas card, I had to give it a go.
The  paper layers  are Graphics45 on to a cream base  card,  For one layer I used a Martha Stewart branch punch , but its sort of blended in. The image is a Paper Artsy stamp,  I think he looks real jolly  Santa.
All the shading was done with vintage photo distress inks.

The Secret Crafters Saturday challenge No 147 is Christmas is Coming, so He will be making an appearance over there as well.

Thankyou for stopping by to take a look I realy appreciate your comments.

12 comments:

  1. Ho ho ho! You have started early! I promise year for year that I will start early, but never do. Lovely, cheerful card! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vintage card Yvonne, love that Santa Image

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Yvonne. I love this traditional vintage look you have created.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Santa Yvonne, gorgeous card!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a jolly Santa and I am jolly looking at your lovely card. Wonderful job for our challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow. Always look forward to seeing your creations.
    Patti SCH/DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. real lovely vintage Santa card Yvonne, love all the sepia colours you've chosen......it'll be here in a blink of an eye
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Santa stamp! Lovely vintage look you've created!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card I love all the vintage images, especially that jolly Santa. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ho Ho Ho I love your card and the stamp good luck. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous vintage christmas card and a gorgeous santa image too.

    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is gorgeous! I love that vintage Santa image as the main focal point and all the other antique looking elements and details you brought into this card. Very beeautiful. Thanks for playing in the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete