Thursday 17 October 2013

Crafty play time.


Had a nice play this morning with some bits and pieces lying around my craft  drawers, needless to say that the intentions to tidy them just flew out the window.
I edged a page in my journal with a bit of random  stamping and  shaded with..........a light shading of Pickled Raspberry, now you can relax, also my beloved Vintage Photo distress ink.
I kept to these two colours throughout.


I machine stitched a home altered  paper and material layer together, before sticking out onto the page. The material flower was cut using the Tattered Florals , Alterations die, probably more than a year ago. We never like waste do we.
I glued some distress glitter to the fronds die cuts, you will guess the shade V.P.
More scraps of materials glued down, a metal pocket watch charm.
I stopped here as I need to remember that I have to be able to close my book.

Thank you for stopping by, your comments are always appreciated.


12 comments:

  1. This is so lush, that berry colour and the use of fabrics and that wonderful vintage image.
    A sublime creation.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yvonne, Gorgeous page,and such a lovely colour. love the addition of the lace and fabric.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card in great colors scheme. Love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page Yvonne, great colours, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a pretty color! Gorgeous journal page and I love the little swirls framing the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh love the colours you've used, will have to look out for pickled raspberry. Terrific page, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an amazing colour combination, this page looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous colour palette Yvonne and great flower to embellish the page.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning make Yvonne. Love the vintage appeal and feminine colours

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty page, and love the colors too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty journal page. I like where your tidying led to.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the strong pink - a real statement, and it works so well with the Vintage Photo and the vintage photo! Great page.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete