Wednesday 5 July 2017

Mollie the Scarecrow


Can you imagine what stories a Scarecrow might have to tell.
They see birds trying to eat the seeds,  night turn to day and sun    turn to rain ,
 when  all the time  they hope the summer sun will shine
 and make the crops they are guarding grow.
Mollie my scarecrow, is watching over a field of flowers.





Its a mixed media style page from me, using a coloured in  page.
A journal page, watercoloured using  a piece of cardboard to  to spread the paint, I then added a napkin to give a bit of texture.
There is a bit of stecilling as well down the sides.





I am joining the folk over at
are hosting this months theme....Summer Love.

Thank you for calling in to see me today,
we are on our travels again in the caravan, internet is often not available,
 I will be round to visit as soon as I can.

14 comments:

  1. FABULOUS love this gorgeous page.x [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, cheery journal page. Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a pretty scarecrow! And what a wonderful job to have watching over a field of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love it when you tell a story with your art. This summer story is fabulous. It never occurred to me that a scarecrow might have a summertime story. Something I didn't consider, yet filled with a beautiful summertime story and in a field of flowers, to boot. It's a great AJJ entry, dear Yvonne, and one told with lovely art, too. I like how you combined the coloring image with the napkin for a lovely outcome. Thanks for sharing it at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this summer story page ! Unique dear Yvonne!
    Hope the weather is nice for you!
    Thank you so much for another fantastuc entry linked to Elizabeth's theme at AJJ!
    Your support is much appreciated!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic ideas again Yvonne. The scarecrow is fantastic and so well dressed

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your lady. She looks ready for a beautiful summer day! :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous page Yvonne and yes I'm sure every scarecrow has their own stories to tell and yours has beautiful scenery to live in xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page Yvonne...love the delightful colours and for sure the scarecrow will have lots to tell...here's hoping we all get a lovely summer...sadly its still pretty cool on The West Coast of Scotland

    Sending my best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well that's the best looking scarecrow I've ever seen, very well dressed! lol. Fabulous page, and I agree about the stories, how interesting they would be!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. waue great page love the scare crow

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful page Yvonne !! really lovely your scarecrow !! Gorgeous Mollie, has a great heart ! The background is fantastique !! I wish you a very nice evening. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is BRILLIANT! Mollie has a lovely view! Hope the weather is being kind to you! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous fun - this is brilliant Yvonne.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete