Saturday 15 July 2017

All you need is........icecream


A digital journal page for Art Journal Journey
where Bleubeard and Elizabeth are hosting this months Summertime  Love theme.

So why ice cream and where did this idea come from......



We have just been out to shop for  the weekend and visit a Farm shop close to our new caravan location,
 which is near Richmond.
Fridge restocked so time to have a cuppa and a read of a new magazine.  It is poring down with rain today, so I am able to play on the laptop. Well just until the tennis and cycling begins,  then we will be using it to watch  the sport, as we have no TV reception. Isn't technology wonderful.

 One of the pages had these ice cream cones
 and a pull out booklet. 
Bingo the idea of ice creams on hot summer days and how it was always a childhood treat popped into my head.



This is the leaflet I picked up and no you are not seeing thing, there were camels in the field.










Meet Doris and Delilah, the rain wasn't bothering them.
It isn't bothering us, we are back in caravan.

Thank you for calling in to see me today, I hope you are having a good weekend.

Digital information can
be found in my sidebar.







15 comments:

  1. Love your journal spread Yvonne xx I love the colours and the memories of sunny days/holidays. The camels are quite happy and I hope you enjoy the Wimbledon finals

    Huge hugs Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ice cream and just had some about two hours ago. I love this journal entry, and I think everyone has a favorite ice cream which is always good on a hot summer day.

    Had to laugh at the camels. They were quite an unusual site to see. Thanks for sharing your ice cream with us at Art Journal Journey today, dear Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun page with those yummy ice creams, and definitely always a part of summer. Yesterday was the last day of school for the kids here, and there was a long line of kids queuing up for ice creams on their way home! Love the camels, that's really something new. Have a great weekend, enjoy watching your sport, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree, love and ice cream is all you need - perfect! Your digital piece is amazing, I love the flamingo ice cream background paper you found. Now all I have to do is choose what flavour ice cream to have ... Mmm, I can't decide so maybe all of them ... lol 😉. I liked seeing Doris and Delilah too. Have a wonderful time and Happy Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrumptious journal page Yvonne - yummy ice-creams - I now have a craving for some chocolate chip mint ice-cream( not mint chips as they are too hard ha ha).
    Would have loved to have seen those camels - wonder if they are like cows and sit down when rain due?
    Cloudy down here but no rain yet. Have a great weekend watching the sport and I hope the rain stops soon.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is fantastic - who doesn't love ice cream? Ice cream means summer for sure!
    Love to see the camels! Enjoy watching the sports - we had a bit rain yesteray and today it's so much colder.
    But next week higher temperatures are forecasted. We will see.
    Thank you for another fabulous entry linked to Elizabeth's theme!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific page and ice cream is always a treat for us living at the seaside there is lots of it,

    Fancy seeing the animals in a field-wonder if they were pets

    Hope the weather improves for you

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab page Yvonne I love icecream!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daphne's Diary is such eye candy and good way to spend a rainy day. Camels. Now those are interesting things to see. And I REALLY love your page. I am all about ice cream! :) Ice cream screams summer. Or at least I think so. Happy weekend. Hope your rain stops and you can enjoy your new location Yvonne. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forget the icecream, don't eat it but the Love is always needed...
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a yummy journal page, I love ice cream but try not to eat too much of it these days.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes ice cream, good idea. I love ice cream :) Your page is wonderful!
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Ice-cream! I had a taste of hubby's the other day - didn't realise how much I miss it! Love the fact that there are camels in the field! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. All you need is love for heating up, and icecream for cooling down ... Beautiful icecream page, I like the flamingo ice cups! And the camels on the field!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ice cream time :-) wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete