Tuesday 9 May 2017

Little things mean a lot....at TioT's


The new challenge theme today at
is  .... ''Little  Things Mean a Lot''.


The challenge is to make something that measures no more than 4 inches square [10.16cms]
It doesn't have to be square but it must fit into the square shape.
The team have made some fantastic inspiration pieces, so please pop over for all the details 
as see what they made.
We have also   added to our Rules and Guidelines at TioT's.
Please check to see if the change  effects you in any way.

I decided to alter my perspex cup stand, 


Here it is, if you wonder about the colours on it , there were inks added as tints  in its former life and I tried many things including nail varnish remover to get them off.
So I gave up and decided they would add to my shading efforts. I also wanted to use a small piece of this pretty napkin as well.

As you can see these are the  sides  I made to decorate  the stand., along side the ruler.

I used embossed card and shaded this with blue distress ink and a little sprayed watercolour. paint.

The stamped images came from  a Dina Wakley set.




Here you see the reverse side in place,
Now I have a cup mat that is quite nice to look at from both sides.





Thank you for calling in today, you are most welcome here






If you have called in to share a cuppa today, please scroll down to my earlier post.

24 comments:

  1. A very beautiful alteration Yvonne with wonderful colours and images

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cup mat ist just beautiful ! A very clever and good looking alteration!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job you did Yvonne, both sides of your cup mat look fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous way to give your cup mat a new look! Love the colours! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Yvonne, the images and colours are lovely.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute, love this little creation.xx ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful coaster! The inking on it adds to the images perfectly, and love that you can use both sides. I have some plastic coasters, will have to find them and see what I can do. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous this Art creation! Little is verx nice!
    greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to be able to choose from day to day which side you're in the mood for! I love both of them - the girl with flowers in her hair, and those delightful birds (what a great napkin) - and yes, I agree, the tinting just adds to the atmosphere.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's a project I can get behind. I love it, right down to the beautiful colors you chose.

    I checked the new guidelines, and I am happy to say they don't apply to me. I am now and always will be ONLY a blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous piece, love that it has 2 lovely sides. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic idea - this is really lovely Yvonne. Love the DW stamps and the bird images on the napkins
    are gorgeous.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome alteration! Love the way you worked with the napkin! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant, looks fab
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic idea Yvonne, love the design and the embossing gives such texture!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wuaaaaaa Yvonne, I love this mat cup!! REally so gorgeous design !!! That´s just great !!! I wish you a very nice evening, big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both sides are stunning with these brilliant colours.
    I can't decide which side I would like best - maybe the lady?

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous project Yvonne, both side are lovely so you will be spoilt for choice deciding which side to use.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love both sides of your beautiful cup mat! A creative idea, Yvonne!
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful and creative project. Both sides are lovely, and it is a very pretty napkin you used.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Yvonne, what a great project, very creative. Wonderful!
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fabulous and very creative... ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful project. What a great idea. Hope your week is going well.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete