Thursday 24 November 2016

A special day to share some love.


Happy Thanksgiving
 to all my Blog friends who celebrate  this special day.
Made  from
Mischief Circus kits
 and my own stored images., 

*********************

I have been on a Christmas card making target these past few days,
but as always the best laid  plans  don't always work out .
A few interruptions  were all I needed to turn to my journal and have a play.




This page had been waiting for more attention since last week.
The first  photo was taken on a dull day, so I just added a bit more shading, using a tissue dipped in a puddle of paint.
A search in the box unearthed the hearts corrugated and gem shaped one, plus a frame and key.
I stencilled the letters. and added a computer generated quote.
So another page completed and a rest from card making.

I will join in again at 
where Susi's theme for the month is Collage with a Twist.. no faces, wings or leaves.


I'm not sure if I have been on the right track with my  pages this month ,
 but they are my idea of a collage,  I have never started off with any thoughts of  a completed page.
Slapped on paint and bits and pieces from my stash,, a bit of texture.
 played with stencils for backgrounds
 and had a great time.,  I have really enjoyed Susi's challenge.

Thank you for calling in to see me today, you are very welcome
 and your comments are always appreciated..


14 comments:

  1. I think the best collages are those that just grow out of this and that, I always love watching them develop. Your collages have all been gorgeous this month, and this one is no exception. Thanks for another lovely entry to AJJ, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOur collages are always a hit - this one is special - I love what you have al put together into an EYECATCHER!
    Thanks a lot fo rso much ideas brought to this month's theme again Yvonne!
    Much appreciated!

    Your digital Thanksgivin page is beautiful as well!!!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry - on the tablet the writing is so difficult...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the music theme together with love and hearts in this super page. I also like the vibrant colours as well,
    and the Thanksgiving page is lovely too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Wonderful Lovely details and color !
    De thanksgiving is really beautiful I love it !
    Greetings Doris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages, it's fun with the turkeys too!

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving dear Meggy!
    Your digital collage looks very nice. The Journal pages look cheerful and fresh colored, good design. Well done, I like it much.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Thanksgiving collage, it's fantastic and fun, and your journal page is fabulous with lovely colours.
    Both pieces are super, Yvonne!
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both projects are gorgeous Yvonne.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your wonderful art celebrating my favorite holiday of the year. You are so sweet.

    You have touched some elements I love: music and hearts. This is a beautiful, and well done collage. I was most impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had so much fun creating this page! I love how you have built up the layers and colours. The corrugated heart, gem shaped heart, frame and key finish the look beautifully, it's as if they were made to go together - I love it! Have a great weekend! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny first page with the turkeys! Your "Love"-page is very beautiful - I like the strong fresh colors and all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both of these and both are very different. That's so nice to make a Thanksgiving greeting, and it has such beautifully merged colours.
    Your second piece is lovely and bright and happy. I like the framed key, I don't think I would ever have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Thanksgiving greeting! It doesn't take me long to get distracted by one of my journals either - must knuckle down soon! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete