Wednesday 20 July 2016

Just Flowers for AJJ


 For


I am  sharing with you my  attempts
at painting a couple of flowers, lots of paint and  eventually digital additions
My  theme choice for July ....
  In my garden there is...... a few wild flowers

This is how it all began, with my free magazine and the trusty scissors


The pages trimmed and stuck down in my  8 x8 inch journal.
I would love to have more  wild flowers in my garden.


Things were not  going well at this stage,    I got out the spray paints,
 spilled  the yellow and had to mop up the bench,
and pages, by which time they decided curly was the look of the day.
Things wouldn't get much worse,  so, have a go and paint a flower or two.

I nearly didn't show you the pages at this stage, before they had the digital additions,
but, I felt you needed a smile at my very  basic  creations.

My second spread for
Art Journal Journey
 today  is this  digital version using the original backgrounds



Adding digital images to the background.
I love seeing the hedgehogs in our garden in the evenings. even Meg is used  to their visits
 and doesn't bark a them any more.
The quote is one of AA Milne's

Thank you for your visit today, you are  always very  welcome .

Added elements from Mischief Circus kits.
It was hard to get photos of the double spread, 
they were photographed individually at first.

19 comments:

  1. B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L Yvonne!
    Happy day!

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing I thought Yvonne when I saw your beautiful flowers spread,
    was how great they would look framed - they are brilliant!
    I love your second spread of course with the sweet little hedgehogs...
    aww that's good that Meg has got used to your ones visiting,
    I haven't seen any of our hogs or signs of them for about a month now.

    Sweltering again already - have a great day :)
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both versions are beautiful, your flowers are wonderful, you should paint more often! Thanks for all the wonderfu work you are making for AJJ, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both versions Yvonne. Can't help but fall in love with the little hedgehogs, how freaking sweet! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty floral pages despite the paint spill! Love your digital additions. The hedgie pages are really cute, I would love to see real hedge hogs in our garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spills will happen! Carolyn Dube calls them OOPS outstanding opportunities presenting suddenly! Run with it lol.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything about your flower pages is oh SO lovely Yvonne!
    Your painting is really beautiful and those magazine pages make excellent background.
    I have never seen a hedgehog in real life here in Virginia.
    They certainly do look cute.
    Better than the skunk that visits our garden sometimes and you can smell him a mile away LOL.
    oxo
    p.s. I have some "weed" pages to share soon too for your great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good idea to enlarge the photo flowers. Both versions look very nice. I like it much what you did.
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flower paintings are fabulous! I was wondering when you would use those magazine pages (I saw them on your post the other day), they compliment your paintings beautifully! I love hedgehogs too, they are very cute aren't they. Thanks! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your painted spread it is beautiful Yvonne and so is the digital piece as well


    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful background for both pages and I love your wonderful flowers.
    Great quote too!!!
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your flower pages. They are so very pretty. Like the first and second editions. So sorry you had such a bum time with the paints. That happens to all of us and is so frustrating. Still, though, you and your creativity turned those lemons into delicious lemonade. Hugs...genie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowww, both pages are very fantastic. Great backgrounds and I love the big flowers.
    Greeting Carola

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those hedgehogs you added. They are so cute! They sure make that page, and all the other pages are nice too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your painted flowers. If I could draw that well, I'd be a very happy camper. I've never seen a real hedgehog, but I adore yours. Two wonderful entries, dear Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing!!! I love this artwork a lot!!!

    Have fun!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both of your spreads! Your painted flowers are fabulous and of course I love the digital version with the hedgehogsame! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous pages Yvonne, love the painted florals.Stunning designed creation. Love the colours .xx {aNNie}
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those painted flowers they are totally awesome Yvonne

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete