Monday 4 August 2014

Troubled mind.


The Tag Along Challenge this week is 'Faces'. 
The base was coloured with Distress stains, a Tim Holtz product that I have been experimenting with recently. Dabs of stain [Antique linen and broken china] on the craft mat,  then the tag swiped over a few times till I liked the result.
This base  was random stamped,  using Stampers Anonymous images.  The mindful face was fussy cut and stained with the Antique Linen. I added a few swirls, I think this guy needs to focus and clear his head, there's a a lot going on in there.
I will  also  pop to over a  A Vintage Journey .  The current challenge is Stain It.
I was lucky to have been their guest for this theme, I hope they won't mind me sharing this tag.

Thank you for stopping by to take a look, I do so appreciate the comments you leave for me.

19 comments:

  1. The tag is fantastic, love the design and the colours! Just super. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you did a great job with this xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh fab! Thanks for entering it into Tag Along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a terrific tag Yvonne with such a lot of interest and great ideas for the background as well

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous tag Yvonne...love the background details and wonderful stamping. The layout is brilliant

    TFS and hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great tag with lots of interest.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got to love those stains! They help make a great tag :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this trouble mind. That is one of my favorite stamps and this tag is so cool. Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love your tag Yvonne, the background is great - so random x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems that you've been very busy during the last few days. Fantastic creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an amazing tag. I really love the background and the great stamping. Fabulous!
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully, creatively uncanny! Love the vintage palette.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would have been a wonderful tag no matter what but including the stamped eye, that was a clever addition.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a brilliant tag - I adore the colours (I'm a big Distress Stain lover - glad you're enjoying playing iwth them)... and the images work so well together - a haunting juxtaposition with that eye watching over things. Lovely to have you join us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Yvonne!
    Your tag is simply stunning! I love the background...so mysterious! Beautiful design!
    Best wishes,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning tag Yvonne, you are incredible in this making.xx.♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Yvonne, your tag is just beautiful! I love the phrenology head with that eye watching over him and that background you created is wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along with us at A Vintage Journey, it is always lovely to see you there. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thrilled to bits you included this in the challenge Yvonne! Such a clever way to combine those images on a stained background. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey, again! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete