Wednesday 11 June 2014

Feathers and wings

I made these  pieces  just before we left Derbyshire for home , I had read that over at
  Moo Mania and More that the current theme  was Feathers. 



The site we were staying with the caravan was in the old walled garden on the Chatsworth Estate, with  families of ducks, wandering about seeking bread from folk who would feed them. Feathers could be found quite easily on the ground, but as we had so much rain, most you couldn't use.
The layers are stamped with Stampers Anonymous images and the bird stencil is a Dina Wakley one. 

 This past  weeks theme at Tag Along was  Wings, I am to late to join in but I enjoyed making this tag.


I used scraps that I keep in a small  portable box for this tag and a little distress ink for shading.

Thank you for stopping by, the comments you leave me are always appreciated.


12 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous - I love that colourful little bird, and the layers of stamping are fabulous. Lovely vintage images on the tag too...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute tag, and love that beautiful bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both beautiful, and your feathery piece for Moo is great. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pieces Yvonne, love the bird theme with the feathers and a cute vintage child on your tag xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame that you couldn't use most of the feathers. Great tag and image but the bird looks so sweet. Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both very beautiful Yvonne and both with a vintage look.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both lovely creations, I particularly like the birdy page - I'm fancying the stencil & it needs to find its way into my shopping basket :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pieces are gorgeous.

    Thank you for playing with us at MOO-MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two wonderful pieces, love the little birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. both are amazing -- I specially love the featherd card with the little bird -amazing .. I love birds on art and this card is a special little treasure!
    - Thank you so much Yvonne for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE!
    ♥♥♥
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creations Yvonne. The first one has a fabulous background.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are lovely Yvonne, love the little bird:) We loved Chatsworth when we were there last month, shame you haven't had the weather.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete