Tuesday 29 April 2014

Springtime for TioTs




Springtime is the new challenge theme at Try it on Tuesdays
Please pop over for all the details and see what we all made, this time we are welcoming Marjik as our Guest Designer.

This is a small canvas that I can honestly say just evolved. I had no idea how it would end up.
After using acrylics and gesso on the base. I did my usual trick of random stamping the base using Archival inks. All the stamps used  are from Paper Artsy.
For the sprouting tree thingy !!  I stuck, scrunched up pieces of paper towel down the side and corner of the canvas. This was coloured using iridescent water colour paints.
I hope that quirky bird isn't thinking to nest in my tree.
All the rest of the shading was water colours and distress ink--Antique linen
The hand is to represent   the tree trunk. I added the words Sprout, grow and bloom here , because Springtime is the season of new growth.
The clock on the pleated  die cut shape, is a reference to how time passes  and things will blossom and grow as the seasons change.

Thank you for stopping by to take a look, I always appreciate the comments you leave me.

18 comments:

  1. Love this beautifull canvas. The technique and details are fabulous. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just FANTASTIC!! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that bird!! Your colors and meaning are just perfect, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun canvass.... I adore your sprouting tree thingy!! Perhaps that could be a future challenge - lol . Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stemapunk flamingo. Very pretty.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the 'hand' tree and the mechanical flamingo. A super little canvas Yvonne. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful and utterley funky.EE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that funky mechanical bird! Not that I would want him setting up at the bottom of my garden though...

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great Yvonne, I love the sprouting tree thingy and the idea of the clock to show the passage of changing seasons.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is it ?! Great canvas with fantastic texture. Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, brilliant, love the textural tree and that funky stamp, fabulous canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous canvas Yvonne, so striking xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yvonne, I can see all the lovely details and know this was a work in progress and love! Wow, I adore this canvas and love the texture and what a cool bird! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the surreal feel of your Springy design. Your use of texture is fabulous too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous canvas, and that 'tree' adds so much texture. Love the colourful background with that bird.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cool - really unusual and funky! Love the bird! Hugs Cindyx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant, brilliant paper towel tree - so fantastic. And Big Bird looks beautiful. So glad I've had a bit of time to catch up with the amazing creative streak you're on. Loving them all!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete